Outpost - who's buying?

Dumb question. What is the “buy out” people keep talking about?

See post #10

Cool! Thanks!

Is the True vineyard cab approachable young?

Depends on what you like. I think you can drink it young if you really want, but the longer you wait, the better it gets. My wife and son keep trying to open our 2007s and I keep trying to not do so because every one is better than the last and they have not peaked.

Jay - helpful. How is the 06 drinking, local retailer here just grabbed some from local cellar and have at decent price

Does anyone know if there usually a minimum bottle purchase?

No minimum purchase.

Sorry, no note on the '06. I have notes on 05, 07, 09 and 10. I liked them all. '06 should be very good now. The FMIII and Rodney TNs on CT, both of whom I know, are positive indicators.

thanks Jay

Thanks, will probably pick up a few bottles of the True and the Immigrant.

My allocation is live and order is in. Evidently it opened early.

Order in 6:30 AM !

How does the pricing look with the new ownership?

I’ve decided to pass.

Rich - pricing is:
2016 Outpost True Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon - $150
2016 Outpost True Vineyard Immigrant - $115
2016 Outpost Estate Cabernet Sauvignon - $95

Thanks Scott!

And sorry, just realized that was covered in the OP #Fail

So have people given up on Outpost due to the buyout? I read TRB is staying on for 3 years. Interesting. I’ve always wanted to try Outpost but maybe that ship sailed

Evan…I have plenty from prior vintages…though would have ordered if not for the price hike…made it an easier decision to pass.

2017 Outpost True Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon - $150 (97)
2017 Outpost True Vineyard Immigrant - $115 (93)
2017 Outpost Estate Cabernet Sauvignon - $95 (97)

Glad to see no price increase.
If there isn’t a minimum purchase, I’ll probably grab two True vineyards and look for the estate at retail.

I am going to pass 100% due to the buyout. I have Outpost back to the 2004 vintage but there are so many more things to choose from. That TRB is the winemaker is only part of the issue. I have no problem with the family cashing out and selling the winery. It’s their toy to play with as they choose. However, it is likewise my money to play with as I choose.