Ouch. Premoxed 2011 V. Dauvissat La Forest

A 2009 Les Clos that I have had since release was sadly poured down the drain on Thanksgiving. I have one more and hope the karma flips.

this is a very depressing thread. My oxidized Dauvissats are half bottles of 95 and 96. I still have some—afraid to open.

Very fresh and youthful. Opening up and getting better with more and more oxygen.
4D57914B-284C-4E06-BE09-AA652B3F170F.jpeg

I have had so many top White Burgs premoxed that I have given up on them completely. These are too expensive to have them go bad. I have found lots of Oregon Chards that hit the sweet spot and never had a premoxed one. Problem is I have 3 cases of mixed white burgs from 2007-2014.

Actually, 96 Dauvissat has always been free of premox for me, and the 96’s are heroic wines, among the best chablis I have ever had. I think we’re all out around here, unless Dr Grenley has some.

Nope, my 96’s are all gone, and the only Dauvissats I have left are a bottle of 10 Clos and a bottle of 10 Preuses…and I am happy to open them with you at any time since I no longer have any confidence in Dauvissat, nor in any other WB producer at this point. I am no longer willing to gamble above Bourgogne Blanc nor beyond 5 years.

Ugh. I was ecstatic for having just recently bought a bottle of 2016 Dauvissat Forest for a price that was very good for the wine but high in terms of what I tend to pay for white wines. What a buzz kill it was to discover this thread… pileon

Need to drink my bottle asap then… and stop buying it (only get 2 chablis a forest and a grand cru (Preuses or Clos) every year so limited bet but still frustrating.

If you search Dauvissat premox you will find more depressing threads
Including this: 2008 Vintage Assessment and Premox Check Dinner No. 1 - WINE TALK - WineBerserkers

Well, I currently have every year from 2002 on until 2016. Lucky me. And I don’t get nearly the same enjoyment from drinking them young as I do when mature.

That being said, I haven’t had a universal premox experience, just more recently than I’ve been used to. When I get frustrated by a premoxed bottle, and decide I’m going to drink-up a given vintage, the next bottle is pristine, and painfully young, so I back off and decide I’ll drink them when I normally would.

2008 La Forest tonight, fresh and needed an hour in the decanter.

Yeah I had seen some of those discussions, it’s just that this much negativity in one thread had not registered before. I’ve only had Dauvissat twice (2010 Chablis and 2011 La Forest) and neither bottle was not one bit advanced so I guess I just have to hope that my good luck continues.

The most frustrating part about premox Dauvissat in particular (like for example Ramonet further South) is the number of truly outstanding bottles strewn among the dead ones.

Oof! What a thread to read through on Christmas…

May everyone’s bottles be fresh in the new year! [cheers.gif]

Opened a premixed 2011 Forest last night. Time to drink up?

I’ve been out since early 2000’s except for buying bottles for consumption within first five years. Not throwing any stones, aged white burg is like crack cocaine when it’s on, but like Albert Einstein said, “The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results.”

I’ve had no problems with my bottles. I drank a 2008 Les clos and it was perfect [cheers.gif]. Maybe this is a storage issue? I bought mine from a shop in Dijon France were it was stored in perfect old stone cellar. Just a thought?

storage issues have been completely discounted—many premoxed bottles in makers’ cellars.

I’m out re Dauvissat but it’s a price issue. Still just 95 and 96 problematic for me.

Always nice to have an excuse to drink my young bottles of Dauvissat!

Well, I’ve got about ten cases to drink down. But I’ve only bought 3 bottles of 2017, though, more from pricing issues than premox. Frankly these days I get almost as much enjoyment out of a young fresh bourgogne blanc or AC chablis from a good producer as from one of the big guns.