I spend easter near Ostuni in Puglia and discovered cima di rapa which is a traditional vegetable from Puglia and traditionally served together with the pasta orecchiette. Since around 1 year also available in Berlin, but I never tried it. So living in Puglia of course I had to try it. I looked in the fridge what I could add. First rule, keep it simple!
Cima di rapa taste like a mix of spinach and broccoli. Here more info: How to Grow Cima di Rapa
500g cima di rapa
1 spring onion
1 clove crushed garlic
dash lemon juice
- Boil water for the pasta
- Sauté chopped zucchini and chopped spring onion in olive oil, also add crushed garlic
- Blanch roughly chopped cima di rapa in the pasta water for around 3-5min.
- Remove from the water and add it directly to the zucchini and combine it. Add a dash of lemon
- Cook pasta in the same boiling water of cima di rapa. Drain pasta, put it to the zucchini&cima di rapa and combine.
- Serve with grated parmesan. ENJOY
Save water, drink wine