Okay, what’s the next HOT wine?

if wine writers don’t call the 2020 vintage “wines of focus and clarity” then as an optometrist I’m unsubscribing from their magazines.

Or Pet Nat in a can . . . .

I’d honestly never heard of this stuff until right before the 4th—I was in a gas station in Fontana, WI and the owner was screaming the F-word every couple of seconds into his phone because he hadn’t gotten his White Claw delivery right as the lake was getting packed for the weekend. Apparently their best seller.

This: Boozy Wine-Infused Sriracha is the Classy Way to Warm Your Heart, Burn Your Stomach

By “hot wine” I’m assuming you mean high alcohol wine, right?

pileon

Deleted.

Was at a bbq last night and EVERYBODY brought those spritzers, including us :-}

Already huge, whether it’s this or some other malt based seltzer or carbonated drink with lower calories, someone will be next Mike’s Hard Lemonade to emerge from the pack and be the leader.

Personally, I’m more interested in cool wines. But playing along.

Cava is already “hot” I think. Prosecco is passé.

Hot in this group may be different than what I assume as hot as hot is what gets display space in major retail all the time…like LaMarca.

Is this what you mean by “darker rose”. [rofl.gif]
4C3846B9-0499-456E-BA11-0C434FAC1F19.jpeg
Sorry it’s sideways, WB upload seems to override the original image. I tried rotating the original but no effect on result ).

(Had a total flashback seeing this in local KGBO for the princely sum of $9 - equates to about $2?US I think. It’s rather ironic they made a new label to say “Original”. Have not tasted yet, obviously. Will be interesting to see what 50 years of aging does (to the taster)))

[stirthepothal.gif]

Sitting here in a Des Moines, IA hotel on a Saturday night with no good wine available. Bored to tears.

What’s the next hot wine?

I gotta think it would be something like this for those cold Iowa winters. A few sticks of cinnamon, some cloves, some orange slices and you’re good:
hot wine.jpg

I have read that in this country almost all Loire Cab Franc is drunk by Jeffrey Epstein and his friends. [snort.gif]

wine in cans

Finger Lakes lemberger

Darker rose, isnt that pinot ?

Non-Douro Portuguese wines.

Wasn’t that Soupy Sales pet? [scratch.gif]

Just getting back to this thread. Well played sir!