Okay Bedrock Fans - Force Rank the Heritage Wines!

Haven’t had a Bedrock Old Hill yet. Is it better/different than Bucklin?

what I like about this thread the most is that it basically confirms that ALL of these heritage wines have the potential to be great to fantastic. just proves what a great job Morgan, Chris, and the team are doing at Bedrock and what great sites these heritage wines are.

Listened to Bedrock’s Lorenzo’s vertical tasting notes podcast this morning. Sounds like '09 is gonna need a bunch more time, due to the mega-gnarly low-ripeness petite sirah! Chris’s opinion was that the best for drinking now are '08, '12, and '17 (with a healthy decant). Definitely worth a listen for all the lorenzo’s fans out there.

The 08 is legend. Mine are gone.

Anybody know when we might see a Spring mailer from Morgan and Co.?

Due end of this month based on the normal schedule

Thx!

Looking forward to Lulu and the SB, for sure.

Assuming more stuck at home time this summer, looking at 1.5-2 cases of Lulu based on last year’s consumption…

Last year, two cases of LuLu lasted us half the summer. I think it was the best LuLu yet.

Agreed buddy. 08 actually might be my favorite Bedrock vintage, followed by 2012. Only have a few Bedrock Vineyards left from 08.

Although it sounds like 16 and 18 could rival em both.

Told ya man, the 09 is still a BEAST of a wine. Really, really good…but just crazy structured.

Just listened to the Lorenzo’s vertical and its awesome. Morgan and Chris do a great job with the podcast - informative and really entertaining.

Makes me wish I still had an 08! One 07 left but im going to hang onto that for a bit. Finishing up a 12 tonight, but it was already really good last night.

I have a 2013 Lorenzo on hand. Anyone have one recently?

Not since March of 19 (super young then), but I personally haven’t really found any of the 13’s to be prime time yet. Just such a structured vintage. I think I remember Chris and Morgan saying to hold on the podcast??

It pains me to read about the older vintages as mine were sold off in a pre-wedding celebration cash drive cellar liquidation. Doc got the last my Lachryma.

Next time I’m out your way I’ll for sure bring an 08 Bedrock that we can drink together [cheers.gif]

9FDB07F7-20B0-4F3E-93ED-45925E08F7BC.jpeg

1 Like