Ok, tally it up. What did you buy?

Flannery beef and that is it

1 Like

I don’t know how this happened (I must have blacked out), but my wine haul was more than I had set out for myself (sorry, not sorry):

48 bottles from Tercero (12); JB Neufeld (3); Chiron (6); Virage (9); Paetra (12); and Cadence (6).
6 Grassl glasses (4 for us, 2 for my parents).
2 hangar steaks.

I think I did ok for my first BD

33 bottles of Oregon and SCM wines, all new to me, some new to BD
4 grassl stems
Assorted Spanish goodies (evoo, vinegars, tinned seafood delicacies etc)
Some caviar to carry us through the pandemic as fine dining has taken a hit

36 bottles, from 5 producers, all new to me!

And 2 decanters.

Great first BD!

Edit: oh, and a magnum [cheers.gif]

Morgan Wagyu sampler
Halcon Rhone 6 pack
4 Grassl glasses to try out
Veleta olive oil, balsamic, tuna, sardines, and mackerel
pre-sliced Iberico pork shoulder

Now to make room in the freezer…

Is this the “Hot Rod”? If so, you were a DGD! [cheers.gif]

Flannery
Morgan Wagyu
Slim Sadie
Tercero
Sandler
Sherrer
Veleta oil

Wine only for us. I was havering over Grassl glasses and will probably regret not buying them, but with a cupboard full of Riedel stemware I couldn’t justify it. Maybe if we manage to break a few this year I can splurge on them next BD!

I picked up 36 bottles from 7 producers, all new to us. Since these were all trial balloons, so to speak, I kept it to 6 or fewer from each. Got Franny Beck, Tercero, Sandler, Jean Edwards, Grosgrain, Ladd, and Beau Rivage. Excited about all of them, but really looking forward to the Beau Rivage because chenin blanc was my “discovery of the year” in 2020.

It was great fun, and I want to echo everyone else’s thanks for all the hard work that went into it! This was my first BD, but it won’t be my last.

In order of purchase:

Case of Wilde Farm 2017 Halcon Syrah
Keller Estate Mystery Pack
Pentacle Herbs Bitters
6 Bougetz Cellars 2016 Andante CS
2 Veleta Gourmet Combos (Grand Gourmet and Seafood)
Beau Rivage Verticle 6-Pack
Fogline 6-Pack

Not too irresponsible after all.

I am embarrassed to say I haven’t figured out how many bottles I purchased, but I am relatively (hopefully) sure it is less than 4 cases.
Chiron
Riverain
Salt Vine
Tercero
Bevela
Nikki’s new venture

Non-wine purchases
Slim Shady Jerky
Flannery Beef
Morgan Ranch
Veleta

I missed out on Larry’s Zoom tasting by $10 - I need to refresh my sniping skills :disappointed:

It amazes me that each year Berserkerday manages to get better and better.
Fantastic work by Todd and crew!!

Morgan Wagyu sampler
Halcon Rhone 6 pack
4 Grassl glasses to try out
Veleta olive oil, balsamic, tuna, sardines, and mackerel
pre-sliced Iberico pork shoulder

Yikes - how did bottom-feeding me get to 46 bottles? I resisted food and stems but I hope Chris doesn’t extend his offer.

No self-control here… Just over 4 cases.
Repeats: Halcon, Franny Beck, Ladd, Patricia Green, Tercero.
New: Suzor, Domaine Glennon, Beau Rivage

2 Likes

More wine than I have available space in the cellar.
More beef than I have available space in the freezer.
More stems than I have available space in the cabinet.
And coffee, and I don’t even drink coffee (but my daughter does).

A couple cases total of cabernet, and talked a few folks into participating as well.

It was a good fun day for sure, worked may saved me from buying more. I like that we get to see wine and other vendors you may not normally see in your normal day to day life. FUN event for sure.

Loring Mystery 3 pack
Chiron 3 pack Cab
JB Neufeld 3 pack Cab
Pezzato 6 pack of cab - Very much looking forward to these
Goodfellow Pinot 6 pack

Flannery
Veleta - this was fun, can’t wait for this to come in
Grassl - Wine and Champaign glasses - also a great buy

1 Like

first timer for BD-So if confession is said to be good for the soul, what is my penance for 5 cases?
13 SALT
6 ZEITGEIST
12 PEZZATO
24 SALTER

• Grassl Cru and Liberté
  • Grassl travel bag
  • Flannery 130 day ribeyes, hangars, strips, burgers
  • Morgan Ranch Wagyu sampler
  • Saunter Eagle Summit Cabs
  • Pezatto Cabs
  • Crawford Bentrock Pinot Noir
  • Sun Break Pinot Noir Marie-Paule
  • Slim Sadie Beff Jerky
  • And hopefully a mixed case of ‘82 Bordeaux :crossed_fingers:

A pretty good haul! Total damage will be heavily influenced by how many bottles of the Bordeaux I am able to snag. [cheers.gif]

Got a bit of a late start but still managed to snag a 6er of Walter Scott chardonnay. Also a big fan of Little Wings so had to jump on the syrah 3-pack.

I’m certain I would’ve bought the Suzor “Ringer” too had I not been tardy to the party - incredible deal they were offering

1 Like

I’d planned to cut way back this year, as I already have more wine than I’m ever likely to drink, but that plan failed. The offers were so tempting that I bought 102 bottles from 15 producers:

Beau Rivage
Cabot
Di Costanzo
Goodfellow
Halcon
Kelley Fox
Monroy*
Patricia Green
Riverain
Sandler
Sojourn
Stellareese*
Tercero
Terrien
Virage

• New to me

I also bought Glasvin decanters, a stem carry case from Grassl, Wagyu from the Morgans, jerky, and tuna and ventresca from Nola.

I tried to give special attention to producers who participate in the community, whether by buying from them or by bumping their offers with endorsements based on my experience with their wines. I didn’t get to everyone, but I think I’ve supported at least most of those I missed at some point in the past. I hope that some of the newer sellers will join the community as regular participants, as I think they have a lot to offer and we have a lot to give.

I’ve loved every BD that I’ve been involved in and I think this was the best one yet. I’ve already said this a couple of times elsewhere on the forum, but I was struck by the enthusiastic support that so many sellers were giving each other, exhibiting the best spirit of BerserkerDay. It has been an incredibly hard year for so many of these sellers. Since the last BD, a global pandemic threatened not only the health of them and their friends and families, but disrupted if not destroyed their traditional sales outlets and suppressed the economy. Fires have ruined homes, wineries, vineyards, and future vintages. But BD and the Berserker community gave them something that they could get excited about and proof that there are people who care about them and their livelihoods. I’m honored to have been a part of that and already look forward to BerserkerDay XIII.

1 Like