Oh, the Humanity . . . Stuck Drinking a White Burg, with no A/C, no Car and No food . . .

Seems reasonable!

3 Likes

“When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.”

Well done.

Hang in there. :wine_glass:

My 2019 Accord did not cost all that much more than this. Of course, it would itself be slain by a deer, but I’ve so far managed to avoid that.

Stay cool.

1 Like

That can’t be a real Land Rover. For a real Land Rover all you need is a basic toolkit and one of these:

1 Like

100 points on the Golden!

3 Likes

And with used car prices what they are it’s probably still worth close to this!

shocked the wine wasn’t corked or premoxed.

I still would have chugged it!

As a sidenote, I know I have no street CRED on burgundy, but I really do love the wines from this producer. And buy a lot of it.

I wonder if I should be a little nervous that my wife is starting to dig white burgundy very much. For decades, she has been a cheap wine date, New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc.

1 Like

yes, be very, very nervous.

2 Likes

Consider a diversionary foray into white Bordeaux - which is much under-appreciated in my view, and priced accordingly!

I would like to note that Alfert’s use of the truck is misplaced. His “Deer Slayer Truck” is a Range Rover, not a truck. His wife’s Audi Truck is a small SUV, not a truck. Alfert would be beaten up and left for dead in Texas for suggesting those effete vehicles were trucks.

2 Likes

Such violence, wow. As an intellect, I of course eschew all violence. And as an elote athlete, I must admit some amusement that a cubby texas redneck could take me. Gosh knows they could not catch me, let alone take me in pickleball.

If you google the question, you will see that i am correct in my characterization. It is also more consistent with a woke philosophy. Not to anthropomorphize the subject, but let the Rover be what it wants to be, labels and categorizations are silly.

There is a lesson in here. $300 for diagnostics??? Best of luck in October

^This! :corn:

1 Like

Beat me to it.

Furthermore, bragging about misusing Section 179 in a public forum is also ‘elote’.

2 Likes

Send Peter . . . .

Where I live, if he had a Deer Slayer Truck, at least he would have brought the deer home and filled his freezer with venison.

2 Likes

You could always answer one of de spam repair insurance calls. :cowboy_hat_face:

It is actually the reason to lease; warranty and lease end at the same time.

Dude, that deer was a bloody mess, I smacked it at 70 mph. While it would be nicely tenderized, no way am i touching it or putting it into that nicely appointed truck with Corinthian leather seats and shag carpeting (ok, some artistic license there, which I know is rare from me). But it would have paired well with some Level Les Journaries.

It just goes to show the importance of a wine fridge - never mind the food if you have some chilled wine. Deer on a road are a bloody nightmare. Lovely creatures but so dangerous. When I lived in SW France in Les Landes (500 square miles of pine forest) we were always scared stiff driving at night because they would run out of the woods in front of cars. Accidents happen there on a weekly basis. Of course, we weren’t lucky enough to have the Deer Slayer!