Offsite storage in the NY Metro Area, suggestions?

Dan:
Manhattan Wine charges by the case per month - depends on how many case you commit for the year.
I have about 12 cases stored and my bill is about $400 for the year.
The price per case goes down the more cases you store and the longer term you pay for.
Give Andrew Smith a call @ 804-464-1843 or email @ andrew@mwcwine.com.
I even might get a referral prize which I would be happy to share with you champagne.gif

Link from their website:

http://hrc2012.pairserver.com/wine-storage-services/fees/

I have some wine at River Valley, have been very impressed with the facility, service, and rates.

I don’t have any wine at Wine Cellarage, but visited first time today (they now have a retail arm and I was picking up a purchase), and I got a tour- very well done operation. Old printing building, thick walls with freezer board and blown insulation on ceilings, etc.

I’d feel extremely safe with either. If a natural disaster caused problems at either, I’d say wine would be the least of worries for anyone in tristate area, we’d all be #$%#ed

Another big fan of Horse Ridge here.

Would you mind elaborating on this?

1.80 per case per month…0-99 cases…Vintage

River Valley Pricing:

Vault Storage (Lockers): $630/year for up to 18 cases
Open rack $1.75/case/month with $2 push/pull or $4 for mixed cases

I store open rack and am a very satisfied customer. I have a lot of wine there.

I sent some wine away today. First time ever, but I just need the space. So I sent the youngest stuff, stuff that shouldn’t be touched for a decade or so. All my '05 Bordeaux. Also all 1er and GC Burg from '05, '09, '10. By tonight it should be wrapped up on 3 pallets, happily back to sleep. Goodnight de Vogue, and Roumier and Rousseau. Goodnight Fourrier and Bachelet. Goodnight Parantoux and Gaudichots. See you in a decade…

I know you said you are looking for additions to Domaine in Edison, but I wanted to say that they have done good by me in the exact situation you are looking for. I have 20 cases on a pallet there. Wine survived Sandy with no issue.

Charge, for whoever asked, is something like $55/month with insurance, although I think I just got notice that it is going up some.

Will prob do another in the late Fall to one of the other guys, so River Valley or Horse Ridge. So nice to have space in the cellar and this time I promise not to fill it up to the rafters. This time will be different!!

Horse Ridge has been excellent.

Any updates on this thread? River Valley is up to $2/case now. Any more thoughts on Vintage Wine Warehouse?

For those of you at Horse Ridge, do any of you live in Manhattan? What do you do about delivery?

NY Wines in Queens is ~$1.75 a case now, I believe.

I started this thread almost 2 years ago and I’ve now moved over 50% of my wine to offsite storage. It’s been fantastic as I can now get to every bottle in my house, no more ‘blockage’. I sent away all the young stuff, so I really don’t want to see any of it for a decade.

I sent about 1/2 to Domaine and the other 1/2 to Horse Ridge.

Both have been really easy, they’re both responsive. I’ve visited my wine at Domaine, looks great. Going to get up to Horse Ridge this winter…

Thanks, Peter. I know you’re using this for longterm storage. Do you have any idea what delivery options there are to NYC from Horse Ridge?

Sorry, do not. But they’re very responsive, can just call them if no one here has the facts…