Official Costco Thread

If you can find it, their CC was like $10 at mine and worth the tariff.

3 Likes

Their CCR just hit a sweet spot for me in the 2018 vintage, just like Col d’Orcia did in the 2016 Brunello vintage.

Yes 100% I meant Perimeter but wrote Brookhaven. Sorry about the confusion and thanks for correcting me. And if you’ve got any other ATL tips Costco or otherwise, I’d love to hear them.

4 Likes

Just tried the Kirkland 2020 Gigondas from my local Costco ($13.99), went back and got three more.

3 Likes

Saw this lonely orphan @ #347 while passing through, thought about it but, was not sure how long it’s been there.

1 Like

The Valde Lacierva just got a nice write up from the Costco Wine Blog.

2 Likes

East Lyme, Ct has a few bottles (three) of 2019 Lafite for $549 and a few 2019 Pontet Canet (six or so) for $92.89. I grabbed a few Pontet but couldn’t pull the trigger on the Lafite.

Thing is you can spend $1700 on Lafite today and flip it next year for $3k+.

3 Likes

Surprise Az store
2019 Ch Haut Brisson $21
2019 La Croix Ducru-Beaucaillou $36
NV Bollinger Champagne Special Cuvée Brut $58
loaded up even though I am not much of a Bordeaux drinker

3 Likes

Finally some good options at Lincoln Park, Chicago location. Picked up three bottles of the 19 Malescot and a bottle of Smith Haut Lafite for $70. Both well under the WS lows and drinking very well

9 Likes

That Duhart has been there for awhile.

3 Likes

The selection at the Tustin CA store (the big one by the Hangars) is large but pretty bland in general. I was pleasantly surprised to see these the other day though.

4 Likes

I feel like that top case on the end is harder to reach and carts get put in the way and whatever goes in there moves slower as a result. Not complaining…this was a better selection than I’ve seen for a while at that store. There’s a Mission Haut Brion for $360 which seemed fair but certainly not an amazing deal either.

2 Likes

Wow, that’s a great price for the 2019 Malescot. My Costco has the 2018 for $65 :frowning:

1 Like

Yeah, I was surprised by it. Opening a bottle tonight to decide if I want to go back and make it a half case :slight_smile:

1 Like

Same here :unamused:

And no signs of the ‘19 Pontet Canet

Was down to about 3 rows of it this morning. If you like Chianti Classico, take a flyer on the CCR around the corner.

3 Likes

I had that bottle in my cart, but then pulled up the CellarTracker reviews which were a bit mixed, so I put it back. You recommend it?

I thought it was a solid $20 bottle.

3 Likes

If you are speaking of Cafaggio, remember there are 2 lines. The Villa Cafaggio and the Cafaggio Vendemmia, also known as the Basilica. The Basilica is the higher end of the two.
See post 3500

4 Likes