Official Costco Thread

Not much boredeaux but had spanish unico

3 Likes

And a whole buncha Caymus it looks like :wink:

1 Like

There’s more than you think. Around the side where the lesser price winds are they had Bonanza, which is by Caymus in another offshoot of that brand.

And i bet they sell a boatload of it!!

2 Likes

They did have the Clos Marsalette 2018

Pics of what i pickedup at costco

3 Likes

I am south of ATL, but travel the state for work. Are there any folks here that know which of the Atlanta area locations have the largest selections?

4 Likes

What was the price on the Mansanto?

I think it was $22

The bordaeaux was 25 and has 93 pts on winespectator

2 Likes

Found a first growth in WI for the first time ever today. Unfortunately, only 1 left when I came across it……

This was in Menomonee Falls, but a check of the other WI stores revealed no more……

5 Likes

Look at that price!
I don’t even know how fast I would buy that bottle!

3 Likes

Just to be sure, please confirm you bought that faster than Lucky Luke draws his gun?

2 Likes

Going price for that about 6 Benjamins

1 Like

My Costco guy rarely has much to say- he did ask me one time how to pronounce Cote de Brouilly. Anyway he saw me fingering this and was quick to say “you know who made that right?” I said no but was surprised he knew, “Dwayne Wade” so I said what else has he made? “a bunch of three’s that’s what” me brain hurting walks away with the bottle, so come to find out he’s some kind of football player apparently.
Pretty typical Cali Chenin, a touch flabby, if it was a little brighter/sharper it might be worth the $19.00

2 Likes

Basketball! Another ex-jock getting in the wine business.

I think DWade is making some Cab with Bedrock vineyard as well

2 Likes

I bought 6 bottles of that 18 Monsanto too (after buying one and tasting) at the Boca store. Have not seen the Clos Marsalette but will look next time. (We also get tons of Caymus/Conundrum etc )

3 Likes

I have always found the Monsanto really a solid wine.

4 Likes

It’s sometimes seems a bit chemical to me

4 Likes

I’m enjoying the 2018 Basilica Cafaggio Chianti Classico Riserva they has a 19.99. My local store just reloaded and I’m probably going back for more. It’s the Basilica Cafaggio, rather than the Villa Cafaggio. Is anyone familar with the difference between the two bottlings? I believe it’s the same ownership