Official Costco Thread

Today at Torrance on Lomita/Sky Park:

2 Likes

Not bad!! Lowest available price on the Cos by about $25 (and no shipping).

Hate to beat a dead horse…but those 19 prices were just amazing. Snagged Cos for $135!!

5 Likes

I grabbed a couple of the ‘19 du Tertre here. The CT notes from my trusted tasters made it sound too good to pass up.

1 Like

I still own one and use it to cut brush in my back yard

Irvine Costco (park -ave) and fountain valley has cos for
$180 also but they never got around to change the price tag

1 Like

At #471 today, which was strangely empty. The Condrieu they’ve been trying to move since November is still there (mentioned upthread) at $40. I keep crossing my fingers it will go full death star sawbuck.

Treasury stuff on closeout. I’ve always enjoyed this though. Somewhere in this thread I seem to remember commenters claiming it can drop as low as $15.

Here’s a weird one, an unpriced, untagged Monterey Pinot presented in a Riesling hock style bottle, as if it was a German pinot.

Guigal’s Brune & Blonde C-R. I’m sure everyone can use this as their personal inflation calculater, CPI - Cote Rotie. Sigh.

I had the 2015 of the below sort of recently, purchased at Costco for a third the price. It was only ok, to be honest. 2nd and 3rd wines are often quite extractive of the consumer, from a value perspective I feel.

1 Like

@Arv_R That Pinot is from Union Sacré out of Paso Robles, which otherwise makes excellent Alsatian varietals, so the bottle type makes sense. I think they’re going for an Alsatian-style Pinot, but personally have not been a big fan of their Pinots (especially compared to their Rieslings). That looks like their entry-level Pinot (not a reserve/single-vineyard one), so I’d guess the price is ~$20.

A few reports from other NorCal Costcos over the past few weeks:
Vallejo: Has basically nothing of note, though they did add a few low-end display-case Cab Sauvs. The much-rumored Napa Costco can’t get here soon enough.
Concord: Had a Couly-Dutheil Clos de L’Echo for $14.99, which seemed like a real bargain, plus some Cab Franc ice wine at a good price. Surprisingly strong selection overall with some good values.
San Ramon: Had a Trimbach Frédéric Émile from 2014 at $65 and some interesting sparklers (including a Gosset Petite Douceur Rosé Champagne at $45). They have a ridiculous number of display-case “prestige” bottles too, but I actually preferred the Concord location in terms of the selection.

1 Like

Still some for $129 by me. May grab a couple.

In Santa Rosa that condrieu has been marked down to $29.97.
The Union Sacre PN was $15.99.
No Cote Rotie.
3Ls of 2020 Ferriere and Issan though (~230 and 270 respectively)

3 Likes

Oops….may have bought several of these. 7 or so left. Murrieta store

4 Likes

Suckling score for 2020 pushed you over the edge for the 2019, eh?

That or the $100 off retail. :wink:

2 Likes

Sure…:roll_eyes:

2020 haut brion jeroboam on markdown @ Mountain View, CA among others

3 Likes

I don’t know what’s crazier, the price of that Haut Brion jero, or me if I spent $1600 on a jero of wine.

I guess you could buy it just for investment and eventual resale. The bottle is probably worth $2500-3000 today, will probably appreciate thousands more in the coming decade or two.

2 Likes

Can Costco ship direct to Winebid?

2 Likes

I’d be all over the Poggio Valente at that price.

5 Likes

A double magnum not a jeroboam.
Still a good price.

2 Likes

Gotta love that Jeroboam means a different # of 750s depending on the region/wine.

2 Likes

Been waiting for this to go on markdown, surprised it’s a markdown and coupon! Mountain View,CA

4 Likes