** Offer Extended** Scherrer Winery: BD15 Verticals Galore | Cool Zin, Studious Pinot, Lovely Chard... + 20% Discounts

We are honored to be invited back for our fifth participation in Berserker Day. We’re offering different ways to study what we are doing across various varieties, sites and vintages. Special Berserker Day pricing of 20% off on these select 3 and 6-packs. We have listed Vinous ratings, where possible, for consistency in rating criteria and because that is the one publication that actually tastes everything we make every vintage. You can find all of these offerings in one place with this link: Scherrer Berserkerday15 Special Offers.

Offer 1: Scherrer Flight

You’ll see six different bottlings to get a taste for our style and reach. This is less than ½ of the wines we make. But it is a good introduction that hits all the notes and vintages that are in their happy place. Regularly $284, Berserker special $227 You can find the offer here.

:small_blue_diamond:2022 Dry Rose (vinous 91 pt)
:small_blue_diamond:2018 Helfer Vineyard Chardonnay (Vinous 92 pt)
:small_blue_diamond:2017 Old & Mature Vines Zin (Vinous 93 pt)
:small_blue_diamond:2017 Russian River Valley Pinot Noir (Vinous 93+ pt)
:small_blue_diamond:2016 Huntsman Red (Vinous 92 pt)
:small_blue_diamond:2018 Scherrer Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon (Vinous 90 pt)

Offer 2: Pinot Noir Grand Triple Play

Back by popular demand with newer vintages, here is a study in vineyard sites we call the Sonoma Pinot Noir grand-triple-play. Compare bottlings from 2 vintages and three great but different corners of Sonoma County AVA’s: Platt from the Southern Sonoma Coast, Gunsalus from the Green Valley of Russian River Valley and ‘High Slopes’ representing the southernmost tip of the Russian River Valley where it begins to morph into a ‘coastal’ vibe. Regularly $406, Berserker Special $325 You can find the offer here.

:small_blue_diamond:2018 Scherrer Winery Pinot Noir Platt Vineyard (Vinous 96 pt)
:small_blue_diamond:2018 Scherrer Winery Pinot Noir Gunsalus Vineyard (Vinous 94 pt)
:small_blue_diamond:2018 Scherrer Winery Pinot Noir ‘High Slopes’ (Vinous 95 pt)
:small_blue_diamond:2019 Scherrer Winery Pinot Noir Platt Vineyard (Vinous 92 pt)
:small_blue_diamond:2019 Scherrer Winery Pinot Noir Gunsalus Vineyard (Vinous 92 pt)
:small_blue_diamond:2019 Scherrer Winery Pinot Noir ‘High Slopes’ (Vinous 90 pt)

Calypso Syrah a few years back

Offer 3: Sonoma County Syrah Study

Our Syrahs run from ‘pretty’ to ‘pretty profound.’ This is a great way to see the different facets of this lovely and versatile grape. Regularly $130, Berserker special $104. You can find the offer here.

:small_blue_diamond:2017 Sasha Syrah (Vinous 94 pt)
:small_blue_diamond:2018 Russian River Valley Syrah (Vinous 93 pt)
:small_blue_diamond:2017 Calypso Vineyard Syrah (Vinous 95 pt)

Offer 4: 2020 Vision

Not all wines in the vintage were messed up. See for yourself. These could be quite instructive to throw in a blind tasting of mixed vintages: Chardonnay, Zinfandel and Pinot Noir from three different parts of Sonoma County. Regularly $150, Berserker special $120 Find the offer here.

:small_blue_diamond:2020 Helfer Vineyard Chardonnay (Vinous 91 pt)
:small_blue_diamond:2020 OMV Zinfandel (Vinous 94 pt)
:small_blue_diamond:2020 Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir (a blend of Platt and High Slopes, not yet rated)

Offer 5: OMV is Our Mantra

Back by popular demand: Zinfandel was where I started our label in 1991 and had to include our ‘Old & Mature’ Vines (OMV) bottling made from the Old Vines my grandfather planted in 1912 and ‘mature’ vines I helped my Father and Grandfather plant in the 1970s. While I had actually experimented with a more heady style years ago on a trial basis (2005-2007 special cuvee), this is a site that I think really expresses its best facets with an elegant perspective. I selected a short vertical of the three newest vintages we have in a meaningful quantity in case someone is compelled to come back to the well. Regularly $128, Berserker Special $102 You can find the offer here.

:small_blue_diamond:2019 Scherrer Winery Zinfandel Old and Mature Vines Scherrer Vineyard (Vinous 94 pt)
:small_blue_diamond:2020 Scherrer Winery Zinfandel Old and Mature Vines Scherrer Vineyard (Vinous 94 pt)
:small_blue_diamond:2021 Scherrer Winery Zinfandel Old and Mature Vines Scherrer Vineyard (Vinous 92 pt)

Offer 6: Helfer Helper

Another back by popular demand: Helfer Vineyard is a tiny vineyard just across the street from Kistler. It is a magical Chardonnay neighborhood, where the white, sandy version of goldridge soil lies. This 1 acre site produces a very small production and extremely limited availability wine. While it’s rich and complex, it has good balancing acidity. Regularly $156, Berserker Special $125 You can find the offer here.

:small_blue_diamond:2018 Scherrer Winery Chardonnay Helfer Vineyard (Vinous 92 pt)
:small_blue_diamond:2019 Scherrer Winery Chardonnay Helfer Vineyard (Vinous 92 pt)
:small_blue_diamond:2020 Scherrer Winery Chardonnay Helfer Vineyard (Vinous 91 pt)

You can find all of these offerings in one place with this link: Scherrer BerserkerDay15 Special Offers.

We truly appreciate the support of the BerserkerDay community. Thank you!

SHIPPING: We do all of our own shipping and will ship when weather is wine friendly to most states that allow Direct to Consumer*. We prefer FedEx Ground outside of CA where we recommend GLS Delivery. Please note on your order if there are any notes we should be aware of. Learn more on our website. *We are unable to ship directly to AK, AL, AR, CT, DE, MS, ND, RI, SD, UT, WV

Order is in for 2 packs of the OMV!

Cannot go wrong with any of Fred’s offerings. Hard to choose which to buy, so might as well load up on all of it.

Visited there in June and Fred was a gracious host and poured some incredible wines.

Easy buy every year

2 Likes

Little known secret. Fred has 2016 OMV zin half bottles on sale on the website. toss a few of those in your order as well, they are awesome wines and I love the half bottles!

2 Likes

Thanks, Matt. It’s not a bad idea to double up on that since sometimes a single bottle of something is not enough. One set could be in a blind tasting with friends and the other can be for your own joy down the road.

Enjoy!

2 Likes

Big fan of Fred’s pinots. Definitely recommend the triple play

1 Like

Jon,

Thank you for that. It would be tempting to make a one-stop shop for all the different things. But I make so many things that I cannot expect someone to be into it all, especially with all the great offers by everyone today.

However, it’s OK with me if you go for everything. :slight_smile:

F

1 Like

Jonathan,

I guess I should have added those 375’s of Zin and PN to the offering here. Someday, I’ll learn.

By the way, that vintage of OMV in 375 is nearly sold out. There are some 2017 OMV 375’s though, and some 2016/2017 RRV Pinot Noir in somewhat better supply. I should have made a mixed case offer of them…but I guess you just did for me. Thanks,

F

1 Like

Scherrer is one of my favorite Sonoma cabs, though hard to find locally for me sometimes. Looking forward to trying some of your other offerings in the 6 pack!

1 Like

Jason,

Thanks. I couldn’t think of a better way to study both vintage and site with one stop. You can slice it or dice it however you like to make a larger study or multiple smaller ones. Either way, there’s a lot to be learned from this. I’m glad to be able to offer something like that.

F

Great way to supplement my normal Scherrer purchases. In for the Pinot 6 pack and 2 Syrah 3 packs.

In for some of my favorite Pinot

Just ordered a Zin 3pk! Can you add one more Zin 3pk and a Syrah 3pk to my order plz? (or should i just go back on and order the extra?)
First time with your wines – excited!

Chris,

Gotta love the way you fill up a case. Thanks very much for the support. Glad you enjoy the study packs too!

F

Jason,

We don’t store credit card info. that is used on the website (security issues). If you go make another order, we will combine for shipping. Just add a little note that you’re adding to a previous order to help us remember.

You can also call the winery if that’s easier for you. Your choice.

Thank you,
Fred

1 Like

Thanks, Chris. Enjoy!

F

Some of my favorite ever pinots! If I wasn’t already well stocked with Scherrer pinot, I would be all over that pinot offer!

Still tempted…

Do it

1 Like