OC Offline--Larry Schaffer And 2007 Terceros + Grenache Theme...7/26 @ 1PM--Our Place

10 bucks a person should do it. All in, the two wines were like $175 so I don’t need all that much to recoup. If we can do more dollars, well then, I can go get more!

Barry, also, thanks for the pitch in.

Please add me and the Buck to the waitlist. [worship.gif]

Getting excited . . . .

Hopefully Paul and Buckles will make it in as well . . .

Will probably dig a few other grenaches out of my scraper to share (-:

Cheers!

You’re in.

Larry, I can tell you this, there is very LITTLE grenache in Central Mexico. Man, what a CA wasteland. And it helps so very much that I am a South American wine expert. Negra Modelo is my new syrah.

Hey, this message is for everyone. Since I have added on several more people, y’all want me to source another high end CdP for the event, to go along with the 2 Janasse? I had a Janasse coming from Winebid but it does not appear it will be shipping uyet.

Lemme know.

Frankie… I’d much rather we have an opportunity late in the day to raid the 'ol scraper and find all your Grenache…and drink it up!@!!

So how many folks are we looking at? Just have to plan things accordingly . . .

Don’t think you need to get another ‘big boy’ FMIII - there will hopefully be enough wine to go around!!!

Cheers!

FCMIII,

If another bottle is added, I will be happy to pitch in towards that.

SPK

Larry, you think i can count that high? cripe. let me get a final count out this weekend.

ok, so no more sourced wine, as we will have enough.

Final list of everyone coming is in Post #1. And to someone else’s question about doing the wines blind, yes, I would like us to do that. Not knowing what bottles and labels will show up with y’all, let’s remove the bias and do 'er blind. Plz bring your bottle bagged up.

Looking back, I have Tercero and Grenache envy. [oops.gif]
On the other hand, looks like I have about 25 folks for my first ever Ventura County Offline taking place on Saturday. [thumbs-up.gif] Gotta a long way to go to catch up with the master of Offlines. You all have a great time and we will catch you on the next one.

Mike, good work on mobilizing the Ventura area with some activity–build it, man.

Hey, for the rest of you non-Stonekings…for tomorrow, don’t forget to bring your wine(s) bagged. if you like blackberries, my back fence has been firing off major blackberry fruit so you can pick and eat them tomorrow, allowing me to cut it back and get 'er started growing more fruit. [thumbs-up.gif] See you tomorrow…if you need directions, send me a private message.

Frankcerarcha…is anyone bringing any wild game or other sorts of `critters.’ I didn’t have a chance to sample the gophers last time. What side dish would go best with them, in your experience??

No critters to my knowledge. just normal things that you grill, I suppose. Side dish…well, knowing me, you know what i would ask you to bring… [whistle.gif]

All wines are ready and packed . . . .

Can’t WAIT!

Cheers!

have fun guys =)

What a treat! Thanks to Frank for hosting and putting this together and thanks to Larry for the vino!!! Good to met some more of the OC crew! [welldone.gif] [thankyou.gif] [worship.gif] grouphug

Just a quick note of thanks to all for welcoming me so warmly yesterday at Casa Murray. I had a great time meeting and greeting . . . and the food wasn’t bad either (just should have concentrated on eating it earlier!!!).

Thanks as well for bringing all of the grenache based wines - there were a lot of fun ones, and I think the overview showed the diversity of styles / flavors that the variety has yielded thus far . . .

Looking forward to seeing some notes up on the wines whenever any of you have the chance (-:

Take care and thanks again!

Cheers!

(and BTW, where was WetRock?!?!?!?!?)

wtf! [shock.gif]

Thanks again to Frank and Larry for a great afternoon at Casa Murray! It was fun meeting everyone and incredible to taste all of Larry’s wines. I am looking forward to the 2007 Terceros.