OC Offline--Larry Schaffer And 2007 Terceros + Grenache Theme...7/26 @ 1PM--Our Place

Just a quick note of thanks for all for signing up for this event . . . Needless to say that I am PSYCHED and plan on pulling out whatever I can to share with all of you!!! I’ll get a full list to Frank shortly, but expect to see finished whites from 06-08, a few roses, finished 06 reds, bbl samples of nearly finished 07 reds, and a few bbl samples from 08 grenaches as well - including my first Larner Grenache!!!

Thanks again and I hope to help make this a FUN offline!

Cheers!

Ok, folks. I’d like to have a couple big CdP hitters in the event but I want some support if I go out and pick these wines up that you’ll help me defray the cost. Both are 2006 Janasse and we can nab them from Wine Exchange. The points to me are irrelevant but if you follow points, both wines have the scores. However, I want to try these and see how they stack. Who’s willing to help me?

You are being redirected..." onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You are being redirected..." onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

WineX actually has lots of good CdP from several vintages laying around. We could do some comparisons or whatever. 20 folk times $15 could get us 4 pretty good bottles.

Exactly.

FCMIII,

I am willing to help. Count me in.

SPK

Just for the halibut, add me to the waiting list. I must have a '74 Almaden around here somewhere!

FRank… are you aware these wines are French??? [pillow-fight.gif]

I’ve already begged to be let in on another forum… all I ask is that you list me ahead of Eric… [thankyou.gif]

I dont think you can count Tercero in the total… that just seems so wrong to me… newhere

You bringing a knife to a gun fight?

And I am going to baseball, drinking Coors Light!!! [suicide.gif]

We have 9 people chipped in for the 2 Janasse. I bought the VV online today, since we have enough donors to grab that one. If we can drive a few donors from the dark, we can do the Chaupin, too.

Out of the dark and into the light. I am happy to contribute. [thumbs-up.gif]

I am definitely in for the Chaupin. Sorry for the delay, we were driving over to CA yesterday and I haven’t been on until today. Looking forward to seeing everyone at the end of the month.

I’m certainly willing to pitch in as well . . . though I’m not sure how much ‘extra’ wine we’ll need with all that I’ll be bringing!!! [basic-smile.gif] [basic-smile.gif] [basic-smile.gif]

Frank, Dana and I will not be able to attend after all. Have a great time with Larry and the gang.

No prob, Mike.

For the rest of you, picked up the other Janasse last night–we’re good to go.

Durnit! I just saw this and am late to the game. I love Larry and I love his wines! [worship.gif] What a fun get-together!

Wait list me, por favor. [cheers.gif]

Sarah, you are in. No problem. Just make the small donation to cover the Janasse and also bring a bottle of grenache to add to the mix. Will be nice to have you.

As for a funny story, or not! I picked up the Janasse today and when I looked at the bottles, they had given me the 2007s! Oy. The 2007s, thanks to RMP and the vintage, are well above price as compared to the 2006s, in fact, sold out at Wine Ex. When I pointed it out, the 2007s quickly were replaced with the correct 2006s. It pays to be honest, but the 2007s would have been ohhhhhh so nice. Anyway, the 2006s are in the cellar…see you all in a few weeks.

Huh??? [bullshit.gif]

Sweet! [thankyou.gif] [dance.gif] How much to cover the Janasse?

Allow me to chip in and help reduce the total cost of the CdP. Looking forward to seeing everyone again and chatting with Larry. [emot-words.gif]