NYC Rookies: Sep 12 Champagne

I am bringing a 99 clos des goisses

I’m in for tonight. See you all there.

Awesome Rich, if corks aren’t a problem, we’ll let you saber a bottle or two.

My apologies, I can no longer make it tonight - I have work obligations. I hope somebody can take my spot still.

Looking forward to tonight.

I’ll bring the 2004 Michel Gonet The Nude Blanc de Blancs Grand Cru

Should be a fun time…

Bringing NV Crossed Champagne Blanc de Noir Brut Largillier…

-Dennis

Hey everyone, that was a great evening last night. Excellent food, even better bubbles.

Excluding the wonderful reds, my top 5 from last night:

1. '08 Pierre Peters “Les Chétillons”
  2. '08 Vincent Bereche “Côte”
  3. Savart “L’Accomplie”
  4. Marie-Courtin “Resonance”
  5. Fallet-Prevostat Extra Brut/'04 Michel Gonet (tie)

I’m sure others (i.e., Largillier “Coessens”) could easily be swapped in for the 4th and 5th spots but I’d have to try them again…:wink:

Nice to see you all, thanks again for including me in the group. I had a blast.

M.

That was my first event with you guys and it was really awesome. Thanks for being so welcoming, I’ll be at many future events.

Had a great time as well and thanks to Jesse for organizing. Fun to see everyone and thanks for everyone’s generousity in what they brought. Champage is a region where my experiences have been limited and more limited to the cheaper versions. Last night was a wonderful opportunity for me to try some high end examples and see why many people make such a fuss. Also to see the differences between NV and Vintage. And some age. Great selections.

And, I look forward to advancing my palate enough so I can tell when its corked. Or perhaps that is why I was never blown away by anything I had in the past (ha ha). I will blame my just recovering from a miserable cold this past week.

Thanks guys.

Excellent time as always last night. Great seeing everyone and catching up. Very nice mix of bubbles, excellent food and a $30 tab at the end of the night. Not sure you can beat that.

My favorite wines of the night were primarily the vintage champagnes including the 04 Gonet, 08 Pierre Peters, 08 Vazart Coquart and the Savart “l’accomplie”. I guess that means I need to go buy more vintage bubbles. :wink:

Thanks to Jesse for organizing again!

Thanks to all for their generosity, of wine and of spirit!

Personally, my top wines in no special order were…
NV Savart l’Accomplie
2007 Larmandier-Bernier Vieille Vigne du Levant
2007 Coquillette Blanc de Blancs Carte Bleue
2008 Bereche Côte

But, as noted, many others nipping at their heels.

Hope to see all again soon.

Still not sure if drinking Sherry until 2 am was the best idea afterward!

champagne.gif

Jorge – did you bring the 2007 Coquillette? I know I sold some of that to Wine Cellarage.

My colleague Will brought it Gil. I brought that gorgeous 04 Michel Gonet

Thanks to all for your generosity. Great wines. And thanks to Jesse for organizing.