NYC Rookies: Sep 12 Champagne

Missed the last couple, time to get back involved! Small chance I’ll need to travel but please sign me up if there’s room. Look forward to catching up!

-Dennis

Julius. Ditto to what Rich said. Very casual group. Would love to have you attend!

Is there still room? I’d like to attend this dinner if there’s still room. Thanks!

In if there’s room!

Apparently people like drinking Champagne.
Who knew?

Just posted but it disappeared?

I would love to attend this dinner!

Tom

I also wrote this, earlier.

Two things we talked about at our last meeting:

-limiting a table to eleven people.
-since one can drink only so much champagne quickly… if someone would like to bring a second bottle to the table, let it be red!

Tom

Thomas - you’ve been added to the list!

It’s always a hard call on when to limit the group. Perhaps we can keep the next one smaller.

One possibility for this dinner is that we can do 2 tables with ~10 each in order to keep things more manageable.

If that’s the case Jesse, add a +1 for me and cap it at 20. Should be a good group.

Awesome, thank you very much!

Yup!

It is looking like this will be our submissions:

Veuve Cliquot Ponsardin Rare 1988
Pierre Peters Blanc de Blanc Reserve NV

Will know for sure as it gets closer.

It looks like you are full please put me on the waitlist

So far I am bringing NV Savart L’Accomplie

If there’s any room, I’d love to join!

Hey All, don’t forget to bring stems.

Jesse-we’re going to need many ice buckets…

Bringing: Ruinart Rose. 88 Vieux Telegraphe CDP

I am hoping to still make this but may not be able to work in NYC on Monday which would force me to cancel. Should know for sure within a day or two. If I make it, I have a solid NV bottle to start and a really interesting style bottle for dessert that I think most folks have likely not had (Ratafia de Champagne).

But if you bail, who will be the expert cork extractor?

I would hope that isn’t an issue with champagne… :wink:

Hey everyone!

I’m getting super excited about Monday night. No cancellations yet (ahem Rich ahem), but I’ll let those on the wait list know if there’s room as soon as we have any confirmed absences.

I’ve updated the list of attendees with the wines they’re bringing. I’ll confirm with GS about ice buckets, two tables, etc.

Looking forward to seeing you!