NYC: Pegau Vertical October 20th

I’ve built up a reasonable Pégau vertical over the years: 2011, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004, 2000, 1999, 1998, 1995 (mag), 1990, 1989.

All Cuvée Réservée, because I think it’s the estate’s best wine and one of the great wines of the Rhône. Da Capo enthusiasts can organize their own symposium on excess.

Great Pégau has everything one should love about Châteauneuf: generous fruit, wild herbs, olive, leather, game, and that glorious earthy funk. With age, those flavors become beautifully woven together, while the fruit stays alive. It’s deeply savory, full of character, and capable of being both rustic and remarkably graceful.

Price - tbd pending restaurant (the friend who was planning to cook for this now needs to travel). For wine, I’ll mark to my cost. I imagine it’s under $400 per person all in.

Limiting to 10 people as almost all the wines are singles.

Gavin
Andrew L.
@CarolineHZhang
@NicolasH1
@alexf
Jake
Jocelyn
Peter P.

1 Like

Interested. Oct 1-31

1 Like

CT says that I have the 2010 and the 2006. I know we opened one of those, probably the 2006. . If I still have the 2010. I can offer that. I am good for at .east one seat and possibly two is Rebecca remembers how much she liked the last Pegau we had. The only problem is the date, as October is getting very booked up. I have no drinking windows available until after the 15th.

BTW - I opened a 2007 da Capo last year and was underwhelmed.

1 Like

Interested! Available 12-15, 18-21, 24, 31

1 Like

Interested but Oct will be tough for me. I brought a bottle of 2022 A Tempo home with me from my visit to CDP in August.

1 Like

Interested!! Oct 7-28, with the exception of the 10th and the 24th :slight_smile:

1 Like

wish I could be there…

1 Like

Looks like Oct 12th, 14th, 15th, and 20th work for everyone here so far.

Except @phil.lukeman RIP.

Will ping some offline folks who expressed interest and check the usual venues. Once we hit 8 folks, I’ll stand bottles up.

1 Like

Going with 20th.

Had planned on Noreetuh, but closed. Chatting with one other spot, but leaning towards cooking some lambs and steaks.

@AMeehan lmk if you’d like to join,

I wish I could - unfortunately I’m out of town on the 20th.

1 Like

The 20th is the banner raising at MSG and we are spending the afternoon drinking great champagne, so I am out. :frowning:

I know, I’ll be at your champagne thing and am bringing a Pegau for Salil, who like you, sadly, values inanimate objects like banners more than the dynamic life giving juice of existence

1 Like