NYC offlines

I will send you a PM but please check the date for the QPR Burgundies event – 11/30 is a Friday…

Thanks for heads up; had intended to write Friday. But upon thinking about it some more, may be difficult to find November, Friday night spot with reasonable corkage for “QPR” night. Changed it to Wed/new date. Would prefer Monday for ease of finding corkage free spot, but that is Thanksgiving weekend (the 22nd).

Sutton Inn confirmed those dates are available, so if there is interest, we should be good to go.

I have put the current indications of interest into separate threads:

Wowsers. Are people running 5 miles a day to work off that caloric intake in such a short period of time!? :wink:

Sutton Inn may not be able to accommodate, after all. I am looking for alternative venues, without changing the dates.

Thus far, I have/will be, reaching out to:
Italian: Fabio Cucina, La Villeta, Amata (all midtown east), Da Raffaele
French: Bistro Vendome (midtown east), La Sirene (soho), Batard (Tribeca)
New American: Copinette (midtown east), Kingsley (modern, East Village), Racines (modern, Tribeca)
Other: Patroon (may require a move to Friday)

Will revert, and please PM any suggestions!

Right now I think Copinette is a good option (and a new one for the Board), think should be able to find a French spot on Monday for Rhone (hoping it is Batard), and working on Barolo/Barbaresco nights…

They recently raised their corkage from $15 to $20 but you might check out North Square. Their rack of lamb is a good general red wine dish.

La Sirene went downhill years ago. I wouldn’t recommend it anymore though it used to be a favorite.

That place sank like a meatball atop a souffle.

I really like Batard, but I thought they had a 2 bottle byo limit?

As is their filet mignon. North Square will provide stemware. They always have extra stems, so all you have to do is ask.

I saw Patroon in the list of possible places to move the offline dinners. I have enjoyed the meals that I have had at Patroon, on Fridays to take advantage of the byob. Some NYC restaurants, such as Patroon, may not be as busy on Fridays or Saturdays and would be happy to host wine dinners with little or no corkage fee if negotiated. Because Patroon has a LOT of space, they probably can host at a reasonable price. If dates move to Friday and Saturdays, or even Sundays, more “out of towners” such as myself are might be more likely to be able to attend.

I think all-in cost will rise $125, which basically opens up any decently sized place willing to reduce a $/head corkage to $15 or so. Asking for a champagne flute to start, 3 red stems, and a 1 white stem if they have it. Self pouring/no glass cleaning.
Assumes most will decant/Slow O in advance

Fabio Cucina Italiana: Will charge reasonable $/head without needing to change dates
Il Corso: waiting to hear back
La Pecora Bianca: no adjustment to policy
Batard: Will flex corkage policy on Monday for $/head fee, but will not flex any other day
River Park: 6 bottle limit on Tuesdays; seeing if we can get a flex here. Will require shifting a date.
Racines: WB folks are fans, but waiting to figure out if one can work.
Copinette: Will let us do a la carte, seem to be the most flexible, and lowest price of what we discussed.
Patroons: Trying to accommodate us; normally a 3 bottle/table and 1/2 person limit. But on Fridays!
Kingsley: Corkage free Wednesdays; have yet to speak, but initial email was positive / then went silent.
North Square: Email out to them.

Where my scrambled head is at:
Barolo & Barbaresco - Will do 2x at Fabio Cucina, or 1x at Fabio and Il Corso if both are amenable. Fabio is close to original location.
Rhone - Likely Batard
Burgundy QPR - Peking Duck House (because now I am curious?) or Copinette; perhaps Kingsley
Burgundy 1er - Copinette
Burgundy GC - If Patroons will accommodate Fri, move this one to Friday… or stick with Copinette on Thu… will let existing RVSP decide
Loire Valley Reds - why not add one more at River Park on a Tuesday (if they can accommodate)? [snort.gif]

Hey guys

Moving from Sydney to Manhattan around End Oct and will love to do tasting/ dinner in Nov.