NYC offline

Unfortunately,Gary and I cannot make it.
Enjoy everyone

Looks like June 5th works for me, and I’d be very into a Burg Table…

No worries, Gary, plenty of room for you. Now see if you can get Mikey to fly out for a long weekend and we will really have a party.

Ok, here is the latest.

We stand at 26 people for June 5th @ L’Apicio. Still room for 1 or 2 more max.

Latest list of attendees is below:
Josh + 1
Ami + 1
Brian Zamkotowicz + 1
Diane Kessler
Jay Hack + 1
Peter kleban
Andrew Kall
Leo Frokic
Jay Miller
Adam Wargo
Corey Muller
Matt Neel
Sam Nelom
Julieanne Drainville
Seth Rosenberg
Al Antigua
Paul Merton
Victor Hong
D. Zylberberg
John Chapman
Michael Sopher
Gary Zimberg

We have a private space for the evening. I plan arriving a little after 6pm to get set up. We will probably start dinner service between 7 and 7:30.

The restaurant will be happy to accept bottles in advance as prep them per your instructions.

Suggestions around having themed tables has kicked around but I certainly don’t want to preclude anyone from bringing what they like so please feel free to bring anything.

I am leaning to towards a few magnums, likely a champagne, and older burgundy and either a Barolo or an older Cali cab. Always happy if this breaks down into a discussion of what people are going to bring.

We will also need to finalize a menu in the next week or two. Here is the menu we did at our last dinner as a sample. Will likely be very similar.

Antipasti:
OCTOPUS fregola, pepperoni, lemon
PANZANELLA pancetta, squash, fried egg
GRILLED ENDIVE lemon, radicchio, pecorino

Pasta/Polenta:
Pasta:
AGNOLOTTI sweetbreads, mascarpone, condiment
CALAMARATA spicy sausage ragu, broccoli rabe pesto
Polenta:
ROASTED MUSHROOM chilies, ricotta salata

Secondi:
ROASTED CHICKEN lemon, fennel, olives, potatoes
HANGER STEAK Tuscan fries, salsa bianco

Looking forward to it!

Still room at this event, thinking about it?

Should be able to squeeze in one or two more.

I can bring older CA cab or bordeaux. I think I have some 94 Beaucastel as well.

Here are my wines:

1998 Sandrone Barolo Cannubi 1.5L
1979 Georges Noellat Vosne Romanee Les Beaux Monts 1.5L
2004 Vilmart Grand Cellier d’Or 1.5L

Assorted table theses to run up the flag pole - anyone want to come?

A “wine with flavor” table? I have lots of that. I’m always good for a Saxum or two.

Also for the pro-flavor brigade: The Wines of Pax Mahle" with Pax 1.0, Pax 2.0, Agharta and Wind Gap?

Or how about “Infanticide - checking in on 2005 Bordeaux” I have 2005 Monbo and Haut Bergey.

Or “Teenage-i-cide: How are the 2000 Bordeaux doing?” I have D’Issan and Lascombes and lots of lesser ones.

Jay, I’d join you for the 2000. Have a bunch to choose from.

My husband & I would like to be on the “wine with flavor” table :slight_smile:

Sounds like folks want a Burg table too?

As the guest of honor (a/k/a, the one who gave us another excuse to drink wine) you should get first dibs. What’s your definition of wine with flavor? Or name a couple of producers and we’ll see what we can arrange. I have lots of wine with flavor in my cellar . . . and then there is the Burgundy section of the cellar. [stirthepothal.gif]

I will sit at the “wines that used to have flavor but now have other funky stuff to think about table”…you can call that burgundy but I just called it stuff with some age that hasn’t fallen apart :slight_smile:

But for those who like wine that has flavor I will bring something for your table too…

With several tables and (seems like) folks bringing mags or multiples, it sounds like there will be ample opportunity to move among. I’m interested in both burgs and 2000 Bordeaux, leaning toward bringing a couple of 2000 La Conseillantes, and possibly a mag of 05 HdB Volnay Blondeau. I may have to sit with one leg at each table.

By the way I see that Wally’s is having an auction at Daniel the day of our dinner, for those who may be interested.

Hi All,

We are at 27 people as of right now and will need to confirm a final head count by the end of this week. If you are still interested, we can go up to 30 people so please let me know. Likewise, if you were planning on attending but can no longer join just shoot me a PM and I will update.

Here is the current list:

Josh + 1
Ami + 2
Brian Zamkotowicz + 1
Diane Kessler
Jay Hack + 1
Peter Kleban
Andrew Kall
Leo Frokic
Jay Miller
Adam Wargo
Corey Muller
Matt Neel
Sam Nelom
Julieanne Drainville
Seth Rosenberg
Paul Merton
Victor Hong
D. Zylberberg
John Chapman
Michael Sopher
Gary Zimberg
Greg K

Also, menu is just about set. Here is what we are looking at (barring any last minute changes). If you need me to adjust anything for dietary restrictions just let me know, they are very good about accommodating.

Apps:
PANZANELLA pancetta, ramps, fried egg
SEASONAL CRUDO
ARANCINI sausage, fontina, sage

Pasta:
ORECCHIETTE spicy sausage ragu, broccoli rabe pesto
GARGANELLI lamb Bolognese
ROASTED MUSHROOM chilies, ricotta salata

Main:
ROASTED CHICKEN fennel, lemon, olives, potatoes
HANGER STEAK tuscan fries, salsa bianco

Dessert:
Assorted Cookies & Cakes

Also, if anyone wants to drop wines off at the restaurant in advance to have them prepped (decanted, chilled, slow ox’d, etc) just let the restaurant know they are for our event and they will take care of it.

Finally, cost if $100 per person +tax/tip. Figure $130 total. (the $100 consists of $75 for the 4-course dinner and $25 flat per person corkage regardless of how many bottles we bring)

Looking forward to seeing everyone next week!

It looks like a great menu, Josh. I’m looking forward to it. I will probably bring Barolo.

I think I have to bow out. I have some deadlines that day and the next that could get in the way so committing to the time is a problem

Hi All,

Down to 25 now. Have broken into groups based on table prefs indicated.

We can set up room however we want. We can do 2 big tables, 3 mid sized, 4 smaller, etc.

Wine Berserkers Dinner:

June 5 dinner - count = 25

Old world table (burg/Barolo majority):
Josh + 1
Matt Neel
Sam Nelom
Julieanne Drainville
Seth Rosenberg
Paul Merton
Leo Frokic
Jay Miller
Peter Kleban
Diane Kessler
Gary Zimberg

Wines w/ Flavor (possible 2000 Bordeaux slant):
Ami + 2
Jay Hack + 1
Andrew Kall
John Chapman

Table TBD:
Brian Zamkotowicz + 1
Adam Wargo
Corey Muller
D. Zylberberg
Greg K

Need to get a final count by Monday so if any additions or changes please let me know.

Thanks
Josh

For the Wine with Flavor table, I will bring a 2000 Grand Mayne for the “moderately flavored” red wine flight and a Saxum to be determined for a second red flight. I have lots of Saxum, so if anyone has any requests, I’ll see what I can do. I will probably also bring a Paumanok Late Harvest wine for dessert so Ami can try something local.