NYC Feb 12 Peking Duck House Midtown

It will just be me.

Bringing Rene Geoffroy Premier Cru Champagne and 04 Poggio Il Castellare Brunello. Looking forward.

And now I’m uncertain again.

The kitchen sink started overflowing last night again (that was the reason I had to have the floors replaced in the first place and we alternated being all night bailing. The plumber is here now but I have no idea how long it will take him and whether it will be fixed by Monday.

I hope so but…

On the plus side this one has apparently fixed the problem in other units.

Edited to add: looking good now

Jay, do we need stems? If so could someone bring a few extra for me?

It’s a good idea. I’ll bring at least one extra.

Stems - right. I’ll bring extra.

My wife is not coming. I will bring a box of stems. I will also bring this:
Hospices wine (00921679x9F683).jpg

I assume we’re still meeting at 6:30 per Jay’s note in the middle of this thread … see everyone there.

Thank you Derek. I hadn’t noticed that.

Is there a reservation name to use?

I’d assume it’s under Jay Hack.

Good to see everyone last night. I hope that you all got home safely.

Thanks, everyone. That was a lot of fun. I really enjoyed meeting all of you (Jay H a third time) and the food and wines were excellent.

The food was stellar, and the service was very helpful and welcoming. Indeed, my doggie-bag boxes had to go home empty. {8-(

Sorry that my Beaulieu GdL 1992 was slightly oxidized. I hope that the Liparita Merlot 1992 and Clos Pegase 1994 made slight amends. Jay was most generous with the Rieussec 2001, which was young yet fantastic. The Champagne was glorious, offering a fresh and bracing acidity to cut through the silky fat of the Peking duck and pork dumplings.

The food certainly was stellar! It was a table full of excellent wines, with only the exception of the BV that was semi-shot.

There were two under-appreciated wines: one brought by Derek, the other by Tom.

Derek’s Cru Bojo, 2015 Dutraive Fleurie Le Clos Cuvée Vieilles Vignes, was really nice. Just like Craig mentioned on the first page of this thread, we don’t drink enough of this and will have to make space in the (comparably small) cellar.

I would have never thought of bringing a BdM to a Chinese place, but Tom’s 2004 Poggio Il Castellare Brunello di Montalcino was in a great spot and went pretty well with the orange beef. I thought Tom & I would share the bottle ourselves as everyone else was leaving it alone… until Jay Miller spotted it.

I guess I need to get on wine searcher and find some of both.

Thanks guys! We really appreciated the invite. If/when schedules permit, we’re up for another. The duck alone was worth the $48 parking cost.

It was a very fun evening with great wines and company. The food was better than on my last few visits (though there is better PD available in less convenient locations).

A fine evening all around, thanks for the generosity. I thought the food was particularly good, at any price, but at $45 all-inclusive (including seaweed) fuggeht about it. Very good wine, as usual, my WOTN was the champagne. Let us do this more often.