Now that 2018 is over: your wine of the year

2001 Giuseppe Rinalde Brunate - Le Coste. Incredible wine that will stick with me for quite a while.

1990 Ponsot Clos de la Roche vieilles vignes.

It just slightly beat out a surprising bottle of 1982 Bodegas Alejandro Fernández Ribera del Duero Tinto Pesquera Reserva

I am grateful to all of you that only chose one wine and followed the rules of my OP.

The rest of you have all gotten warnings and will be suspended next go around if it happens again.

kidding. maybe.

Three way tie for first, but that is a good thing! There multiple occasions and great wines to choose from.
Since I must choose one it will be the Ames-Scheer 1990 Riesling Zeltingen Himmelreich Spätlese enjoyed with friends in Germany in the backyard of the son of the vintner. We grilled and open a plethora of wines made by his dad and then others after he retired, from 1982-2002. The 1990 was the standout of the bunch!

1985 Alfred Gerin Cote Rotie - Epic!

I say ban 'em.

1997 Gaja Sperss flirtysmile

Had that on release. Amazing even then.

Limiting to wines from my cellar:

1990 Selbach-Oster Zeltinger Sonnenuhr Riesling Beerenauslese - cellared since shortly after release. Just amazingly delicious, in perfect shape - and I was able to open it for and share it with Johannes Selbach (at Rieslingfeier).

1996 Dom Perignon to celebrate my wife’s birthday.

Impossible to pick just one…however for Charlie I will.

The 1950 Charles Krug from perfect provenance drank in Napa with a group of the most exciting next generation winemakers who look back to wines like these as inspiration.

2012 Piper Cabernet Sauvignon

Such a tough choice as I drank so well this year but if there’s one wine that keeps haunting me it is definitely the 1998 Bruno Giacosa Barbaresco Riserva Santo Stefano. Hat tip to the 1982 Stony Hill Gewurtz and 1961 Clos de Tart as very close seconds.

There have been a few mostly French, but I will go with what was the most surprising and delicious:
2003 Jaffurs Melville Syrah.

Easy for me. 1955 Roumier Bonnes Mares. Served single blind (ie vintage blind) and I relatively quickly declared it wine of the night for me. Once revealed as the 1955, which is my birth year, I was doubly happy.

In the other thread, I listed a number of great wines I have had this year. I have been very lucky. But, even without looking at this list one wine stood out for me. 2010 Reinhold Haart Piesporter Goldtropfen Gold Capsule Auslese.

1976 Heitz Martha’s Vineyard.

2012 Marguet La Grande Ruelle Ambonnay

It might be my last one: 2007 Maybach Materium last night. An utterly riveting wine. Right up there might be the 2000 Giacosa Barolo Riserva Le Rocche del Falletto I had for my 50th birthday. I’m sure it will be better in 15-20 years, but it was still magical.

1990 Joh. Jos. Prüm Bernkasteler Johannisbrünnchen Riesling Eiswein Lange Goldkapsel Auction