Newport/Costa Mesa Offline Feb 5

Personally, I’m good with the free-for-all theme. But, I’ll go along with the majority.

No corkage you say. Count me in if you think they can handle a 9-top. [cheers.gif]

Awesome! Only too happy to have you along, Chris.

Looks like I will have a +1.

Just wanted to confirm I will be there. I will bring a Chablis

At 10 total now including Kenny H who’s still tentative. I think we should cap the attendance around 10 so there’s enough from each bottle to go around. What say you guys? I’ll make the reservations tomorrow for 6:30pm if that works. I’ll be in with some red Burgundy or Barbaresco. I’ll update the original post with the attendance list and who’s bringing what.

Meeting pushed to the next week so can’t make this one.

I need to look but I will probably bring an older California Pinot and maybe a California Rhône. I will talk to Larry H and post back

Just made the reservation. Booked a table of 10 for 6:30. The lady let me know that they will be charging 18% gratuity for our party just so you know ahead of time. I suppose there will be an extra spot at the table should one more person want to come.

Right now, I’m leaning towards bringing a Chateauneuf du Pape.

My +1 won’t be able to make it, so another spot is open.

I’ll be bringing a Barolo.

Gents, I may have to bow this one out unfortunately. Woke up with a 101.3 fever and not feeling too hot. Fingers crossed it’s not the flu. I’m more than happy to hand off my bottle for the dinner if someone wants to grab it from me at my hotel but I think it’s best that I not potentially get anyone else sick. PM me if you want to drop by to grab the bottle.

That’s quite unfortunate Elliot. Get well and we will look forward to meeting you in the future.

I’m going to bring a 2007 Ygay Gran Reserva Especial

So sorry to hear this, Elliott. I was looking forward to seeing you. I was logging on to tell you my plus one has the flu and she had to cancel. If the rest of you are still in, I’m game, but timing won’t allow me to stop by and pick up Elliott’s bottle. I’ll make it just barely on time.

Take care, and get well, Elliott.

Larry and I are still coming

A great dinner last night. Al Forno is a hidden gem and Monday night free corkage is awesome! Thank you Elliot for putting this together…sorry we missed you. I did not take notes, but here are the wines we drank.

2007 Castillo Ygay Gran Reserva
2001 Arcadian Gary’s Pinot
2012 Domaine Grand Veneur CDP
2007 Jean Marc Brocard Les Cos Grand Cru Chablis (a bit oxidized)
2010 Rhys Horseshoe Chardonnay
2016 Tercero Cinsaut (Thanks Larry Schaffer for throwing this in. It was enjoyed by everyone)

We also had a Barolo that I did not get the name of. Everything was drinking great, but for me the Rioja and Arcadian were really singing.

2005 Germano Angelo Barolo Vigna Rue

I really missed out on this one. Looks like you guys had a great time. I woke up this morning with my bottle staring me down in shame. Unfortunately, I’m still sick as a dog and it looks like the doc may have me on a Z-pack shortly so no alcohol for me for a while.