Newbie Introduction Morgan Ranch & Wagyu Beef Presented by Veleta

She has…I’m starting to get a little nervous!

You are correct! Born and raised in the Sandhills natural prairie and finished on grain.

A nice reverse sear is Dan’s favorite! He usually does it on a grill, but it can be executed in an oven and finished on the stove top. Cook the steak slowly on indirect heat until it is almost done. Then increase the heat and move it to direct heat to get your sear and make the grill marks that are so impressive. We’ve eaten many a Sunday Coulette this way.

It is 9:43am here and I am dreaming of that Sunday dinner!!!

Can the wagyu be frozen for any period of time?

Lovely marbling on those filets.

Yes, You can freeze it for up to a year after you order.

Last night we had friends over to play some Cribbage so we threw some kabobs on the smoker. Tender, delicious, and easy because I could prep them before hand. This picture is from my Dad’s birthday last summer when we did the same thing.
IMG_4952.jpg

Well that’s a 29 point hand

Reverse sear is actually very similar to Sous Vide. Cook slowly at low temp (129 deg) until almost done and then sear. If too much fat doesn’t render out on indirect heat, would it also not render out in the Sous Vide?

I need to learn Cribbage I guess neener

Carrie, do you have any other recipes that are particularly delicious?

In my experience sous vide does not work as well as reverse sear for prime+ cuts.

Fair enough, thank you! Sometimes I get too caught up in the ‘why?’.

The steaks are super easy to prepare. We don’t do much at all before grilling them. Bring them to room temperature and maybe add a little salt and pepper. Then grill! Like I said, we love the reverse sear. Indirect heat until the are almost to temperature and then sear the outside. After we rest the steaks we slice them to serve, sprinkle with a little finishing salt and lemon juice and on the table it goes. This is how we grill Coulettes for our yard parties. [highfive.gif]

I do like to marinate my Kabobs with soy sauce, a little sesame oil, ginger, garlic and a tiny bit of brown sugar. Turns out great every time! Saturday I didn’t have extra vegetables, but I really like to add onions, green, red and yellow bell peppers and mushrooms to the kabob.

[highfive.gif]

[highfive.gif] Do you think you’ll get that Handsome Rancher to come on here and talk about his odyssey with getting his Wagyu herd established?? flirtysmile flirtysmile

Ohhhhh, that would be great!!! He’s lurking… Where are you handsome rancher?!?

There are some delicious looking combo packs on the website; I’m looking forward to seeing this offer.

Hello Nola
there is an interesting story that just came out in the latest edition of Dine Magazine. the story is called " Leap of Faith ". The story talks about me starting the herd , making our first presentation of the products and then lots of photos of the finished plates and the ranch. I will ask Carrie to post the length to the story.

Yes, it has been a journey and a fascinating learning experience to raise , introduce , market, and deliver a specialty product to customers now located in 7 countries plus the US. Servicing these restaurants / friends has allowed me to travel the world while eating and drinking well ! Meeting the customers demands has allowed and forced us to re evaluate our production methods and assumptions at the same time meeting our goals of sustainability and conservation.

We are proud and also humbled with the acceptance of our products. Me especially now because the next generation is participating in the business.

Enjoy and I will try to answer any and all questions.

HANDSOME RANCHER ALERT [cheers.gif] neener

Todd, don’t hide the newbies just yet.

Dan, I am so happy you and Carrie were able to join us for these festivities!!!