New York City Restaurants

The Le Rock french fries are really fantastic. And the skewered chicken hearts are an epic bar snack. Good addition to the neighborhood.

Their steak tache with fries is great. Have already had two lunches there in a week.

After a few wonderful meals this week had a below average meal at Le Pavillon.

Ordered their two course lunch and both of the dishes were so meh

1. Seafood Bucatini was way too acidic - just didn’t feel like a pasta dish at all

2. Sea bass main had this Sichuan flavored chili oil on it, which added a really strange flavor to the dish. I have seen French chefs being able to pull off fresh Asian flavors - this was a really badly executed version of that

Overall not a place I am ever going back to.

Made a rez for Oxalis! :pray:t3:

1 Like

Back for annual visit to L & B Spumoni Gardens . We all think the food is great, including the ice cream.

4 Likes

i grew up nearby. i still love it as an adult. nice to take my kid there now and then in the summer.

get a sandwich at john’s deli on stillwell while you’re there.

How much can one eat!!! Lol I did notice all the traffic going in and out of there while waiting for a light .

Wow. Sorry to hear this. I really enjoyed Claud.

Has anyone been to One White St. recently? Just grabbed a table for Saturday night. Doesn’t seem to be getting a ton of continuing buzz.

I have not been in a while. I will say no one seems to go back unlike Claud where I and many others seem to frequently return.

Please report back on your visit.

1 Like

Board darling Roscioli is coming to NY. We loved it during our visit in 2021.

pretty cool news fred
i really enjoyed my visits to most if not all of their spots over multiple trips to rome
it will be interesting to see if it’s just a mash up of all their little places in one restaurant

2 Likes

Has anyone sat at the bar at Ko? The menu is very appealing.

Not recently but many, many times in the past. It is a great experience.

Thanks!

I was checking around inspired by your raves on Majordomo - that menu seemed a little too fried and porky to me but this one is more fish centric.

1 Like

Man I know everyone has copied the shit out of the fried chicken, ranch and caviar at KO but its still an amazing bite of food.

Sorry for the thread drift. You can eat very well at Majordomo without eating pork or fried food. We had the tuna tartare (excellent), dry aged kanpachi, little Gem salad, pea shoots with horseradish (excellent), roasted pumpkin, macaroni and chickpea (a tad heavy but always excellent) and the boiled whole chicken (my favorite on the entire menu). The chicken was clearly the star but I think the rest of the meal was still great without it.

2 Likes

Thanks - mostly sounds great - but tell me what the boiled chicken is about - must be my least favorite way of cooking chicken.

1 Like

The chicken is delicious. It comes out on a plate of rice with two different toppings with a serving of soup alongside it.

If you really want more detail here is David Chang making it.

1 Like

That looks like David Chang’s take on the extremely delicious Hainanese chicken dish.

In case there’s a hankering for good Hainanese chicken, suggest to go off-hours and avoid the insane line at the Hainan Jones stall at Urban Hawker in NYC.

3 Likes