New Winemaking book by a Berserker - anybody read it?

Kindle version, STAT!

What in the heck is that black box thing with the keys on it Darren? [wink.gif] Got me the old fashioned paper version!

I wanna know why he doesn’t share his own wine??!

Funny, that’s how I often imagine myself.

Congrats on all the press et al. Just getting a book down is a hell of an achievement. Getting this level of support is huge.

Darren,

I’m not sure if your book with all the Humboldt stuff will help or hinder my search for a good crush worker for this year [oops.gif]. I do need someone though.

That sounds like a most excellent book - WANT! Could you post on here when the Kindle version is out? Recipe books are the only paper books I buy now (don’t want to spill a ladle full of beef stock on my Nexus 6P!!).

Well done for writing your book, it’s a difficult thing to do!

Anon,
Davy.

Kindle, dammit!!!

I bought a copy from Amazon, and read it in an afternoon, and found it quite amusing and a fun read.

I’m a Healdsburg ITB, who used to live in Cazadero, so all the local stuff he mentions was perhaps more interesting to me than it might be to your average reader.

It certainly made me grateful that our harvest process here in the relatively civilized town of Healdsburg, is not nearly the death march he describes out in the wilds of the far Sonoma Coast @ Hirsch.

Just finished this last night and agree with Eric- amusing and fun read.

So Darren, what did you end up doing after the book concluded? Intern in Melbourne, back to Hirsch, stay in Oregon?

KINDLE!

He works at Tablas Creek in Paso Robles.

Ya, I see he’s in Paso now- however the book concluded with 3 possible paths he could have taken next, but left us all hanging!

Funny he’s at Tablas Creek now, pretty sure there were a couple subtle name drops in there. :wink:

So, basically, you want ALL the dirt!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

The Kindle version, slash Frenchy edition, is finally up today at:

http://www.amazon.com/Slave-Vine-Confessions-Vagabond-Cellarhand-ebook/dp/B01DH0LJS6?ie=UTF8&keywords=Slave%20to%20the%20Vine&qid=1459030865&ref_=sr_1_2&sr=8-2

The Wine Spectator review from this week is at Screwing Up, Growing Up: An Apprenticeship in Wine | Wine Spectator

Every book sold helps, so thanks to everyone who’s picked one up, and hopefully more posts on it here encourage more of y’all to snag a copy, print or digital. Thanks!!!

Yay, grabbed a copy.

Awesome–purchased :slight_smile:

Kindle version purchased. Happy to support. Looking forward to the read. On deck after The Survivor (Vince Flynn) that I started last week in vacation.

Kindle version for me too. Like your writing style. Subject is great.

I FINALLY have gotten around to reading this book on my Kindle and it’s fantastic! What a fun read, a must-read, in fact, for anyone interested in operations of the CA wine region. Well-written, funny, honest, and I just wish it was longer…

(It’s the first book I’ve shelled out for in several years, instead using the Prime Lenders’ Library for all my books)

Downloaded it as well. Can’t wait to grab some free time.