New-to-me Burg producers

I think the only ones I saw were 2002s and that they were imported by Peter Weygandt. Don’t know whether he still handles these wines - don’t remember having seen them in his store.

That’s where I got a couple of 05 1ers as well. Last wine I can recall seeing was an 06 SLB Blanc. I really liked the wines a lot. Great value, a wide range of 1ers from Savigny, and a very light touch in terms of alcohol and extraction.

I enjoyed a 2010 Fernand & Laurent Pillot (www.vinpillot.com) Volnay in Paris a couple of weeks ago. First experience with this producer and enjoyed the wine very much. Not a blockbuster, but certainly a nice drink at 28 euro/bottle!

^ This is the thread I was speaking of Blair :slight_smile:

I had a 2010 Patrice Rion Amoureuses last night - really terrific. Will have to try a few more to see if they are consistently that good and in the style I like, but promising.

I would certainly second the reccos for Dublere (who was terrific to talk to when I visited) and Jean-Marc Bouley (a solid source for Volnay and pommard).

David, I tasted Bouley’s wines for the first time last year at the grand tasting at the Paulee in NY. Really impressive.