New Orleans- Wine Related Must Visits

I’m heading down to New Orleans for about 4 days next week. Looking for any “must visits” for a wine enthusiast. Any particular wine bars, restaurants with amazing wine programs, etc. that people love?

Thanks!

While I’m usually focused on food and BYOB since almost all restaurants are very corkage friendly these would be my top picks if I’m buying off the list:

Clancy’s- some great buys for PC and GC Burgs and classic New Orleans food and service. If the wine is correct there are some terrific buys. https://www.clancysneworleans.com/test-list-page

Emerils- probably one of the deepest cellars in town and some good BTG options. Food has moved to a tasting menu format and it’s been years since I ate at the flagship location but would give consideration based on some of the wines I see. Wine Program | Emeril's in New Orleans

La Petitie Grocery- good food and a great vibe in Uptown. Also very good BTG options. I met the somm last year when i was there. He has a smart well priced list. Can’t go wrong here.

Great raw bar with plenty of bubbles and great cocktails. Small place and hard to get a spot but worth it if you can get in.

Herbsaint- one of our favorites for food and we usually do BYOB but a very good, well priced list. They always have some interesting BTG options as well. https://herbsaint.com/

3 other splurge options like Emeril’s: Commander’s Palace, Miss River and Restaurant August . All have very good but somewhat expensive lists.

Martin’s Wine Store location Uptown is worth sticking your head in if your Uptown. It’s worth going for no other reason then it’s right near Zee’s Pizzeria. In all my years of visiting I would never eat pizza and take one of our meal spots for a pie. We went on our last trip and hands down one of the best pizza’s I’ve ever had. I gave their pie the edge over Razza’s in Jersey. It’s that good. Super casual and loaded with local’s.

Kiefe’s Wine Store is also a great store downtown and one I have lugged home bottles from. If you enjoy bourbon many places will have some of the top BTAC options at reasonable pricing.

I’m sure others will weigh in with options I missed.

Bacchanal -
Is it a top flight wine program, well no but there isn’t much better an atmosphere anywhere to hang out and drink a cool Rose or txakolina.

2 Likes

Grande Krewe Fine Wine & Spirits is an excellent store in the Marigny.

1 Like

Agree this is a cool store. Grab a bottle here and go to Paladar 511 literally right next door. Corkage is $25 iirc.

Pluck Wine Bar is great. Just down the street from Herbsain as well.