New Mailer - Arkenstone Vineyards

Pulling this one out from the past. I visited Arkenstone in May and meet with Susan and Kimberly guided me through a tasting and I did invoke the name of Roy Piper (LOL) as the one who put this on my radar. Well back during this time we recall global market meltdown…yada yada and well, Massachusetts was not very shipping friendly so I signed up on the mailing list then passed. Well the wines are very good and after 10 years they have not inflated in price so much so I am now on the list. I will say the Sauvignon Blanc was the best I have ever tasted…ever - period. Now $95 for SB sounds high, but for me I had to have this wine so to me it is well worth it. Many will not give respect to SB as far as price point goes and lay out $$$ for Cabs but taste this one before you poo poo the price. Now to try Maxem but I see he (Sam Kaplan) is not shipping to Massachusetts - go figure [swearing.gif]

I agree that their SB is the best that I have had full stop.

Hey Tex how goes it. Been off of here for like 5 years I guess wine talk ennui not wine ennui.

Sam is making an unbelievably good chardonnay from MAXEM. I tasted the '17 with him back in late April and it was delicious (the pinot was solid as well).

The Arkenstone SB is my favorite, even though it has gotten more expensive.

And I second the Maxem comment as both the Chard and the Pinot are really special