new carlisle offer cab and pinot!

4/3

It sounds like a one-off. Otherwise why not include them as part of the regular offering?

Also, there was mention of upper tier buyers getting more “tickets in the hat.” I wonder how the tiers are defined. I’ve been buying for 10 years. I buy something from every offering and often
wish for certain bottles, but I seldom buy everything that I’m offered.

Mike calling them Unicorns and the phrasing makes me think it’s a one off but it never occurred to me to ask when we visited.

Regarding the allocations, Mike is a very fair guy and doesn’t play games so I trust his decisions even if I don’t get any as I’m a regular buyer but nothing close to the top tier people. I can imagine he’s trying to figure out how to share the wealth but I’m betting this will be oversubscribed by 3X.

I was talking with the gal that did the allocations for the Alicante(?) that everyone wanted last year and I said “how does that work when so many people want it?” She said “not well”. [cheers.gif]

Time to share with a friend…

In talking with Mike a while ago and reading today’s email, the Cabernet is very old school. This is not Oakville blackberry juice (not to say there is anything wrong with that), and is a structured, more red-fruited version with some nice dried herbs. Mike loves old school Cabernet and this fits into that spectrum - of course with zero bret. This bottling is looking to become part of the annual lineup.

The Pinot, which is sourced from Martaella (ever had Benovia’s wonderful Pinots from there?) is supposedly a one-off. It is as well supposed to be more structured and not forward.

i asked for 1+1 thinking if i’m not a pig maybe i’ll be ok
not much to go around

I wished 2 and 2. I’m a fan of Martaella Vyd pinots (from Benovia) so will be nice to compare. Also love old-world cabs. Hopefully my “ticket” will be picked!!

Wishes in! Would be great if the cab is added to the regular rotation.

That was my thought

Thanks, Matt.

Just going with the idea of these, and not having tasted either yet, if I had to choose I’d be more excited for the cabernet to become a portfolio regular than the pinot, just in the sense that old-school style Napa cab and at a reasonable price is a far harder thing to find (for me, anyway) than red fruited lower alc pinot.

I put in WL for both but it’s the Cab I truly desire.

When I read the Carlisle note about unicorns and Montecillo Cab all I could think was…if you really wanted to see people go ape shit imagine a Carlisle Monte Bello Cab!

Asked for 1 + 1, for science of course.

Wishlist in.

On a visit a few years back we were given a shiner of a PN they made awhile back but never labeled or distributed. It was marvelous and stumped a bunch of wine geek friends when I broke it out for them.

That’s great. Those were his wife’s bottles. Great trophy!

probably all in

Quiet please. It’s like drinking wine at Berns.

Are those black wax capsules I see in the email pic?

I like them…sexy! [thumbs-up.gif]

Has anyone been charged for the Pinot or Cab yet?

they hit my card with a $1 test

Requested both 3x3. Billed for one bottle of the cab. I presume that’s all I get. So it goes

Haven’t been billed anything