New Book, "Napa Valley, Then & Now" By Kelli A White

I am not sure the exact date this book will be offered or the price (hell I don’t even know how you order it) BUT I do know that if you are a fan of Napa Valley this is a MUST have. Over 1,200 pages, 184 wineries (many with many vintages reviewed) and a ton of primary 1st hand sources. Kelli has spent years researching and interviewing for this book.

I’m intrigued but nothing on amazon about it. Sounds different than the James Conaway books.

Here’s the website: http://www.napavalleythenandnow.com/

Mike beat me to it! www.napavalleythenandnow.com is the best place for more info. As a note, other than being friends with Kelli I have no connection to this project. I just think it was amazingly well done and very interesting.

It’s $95. Ouch.

I tried to order one but shipping to NJ was ~$47.

Wow, this looks very interesting!

10 … 9 … 8 … [popcorn.gif]

To J Kang-- apologies for the shipping quote. I have now adjusted the site to offer a flat rate shipping of (now $19) to anywhere in the US.

To Bob Foster- yes it’s $95 but it’s over 1,000 pages! Only other wine book around this size retails for over $200.

To Leon- Not selling on Amazon, so far it is available only on my website, http://www.napavalleythenandnow.com

Best,
Kelli

Thanks Kelli, I sent you an email asking about pick up in lieu of shipping but for $15 I’ll go ahead and get it shipped. Can’t wait to read it.

Kelli - very much looking forward to getting a copy. Will have to order one soon. Congrats on completing the book.

To those who have ordered, please write a short review in the future! It’s piqued my interest as a gift and I’m curious to look at it myself.

When will it actually ship ?

Looks like an amazing book and a fair price for the size.

Kelli,

Welcome to the board. Looking forward to reading it.

Steve

Maybe i am having a senior moment, but I can’t think of a $200 wine book mentioned earlier in this thread. Anyone?

Just curious, what types of vineyard maps are in the book, if any?

At 1200 pages, I’m wondering if it’s hardcover or soft? I didn’t see that anywhere in the description.

In any case, I look forward to reading it.

Only one I can think of at that price is Peynaud’s which is out of print as far as I know.

Now if you’re interested in cooking, here’s this one I came across the other day. Recipies for animal cookies for a sweet $9999.99. I guess Amazon figures that since they dropped their rate for Prime today people will load up on exotic cookbooks.

Amazon.com

Anyway, congratulations on the book Kelli.

More About the Author
Biography
I am a Hungarian gingerbread artist living in the United states. I would like to share this beautiful old tradition of my native country with the rest of the world.

Hungarian gingerbread is made with a lot of honey and we call it “honey bread”. It stays fresh for months and can keep forever as a decoration. It’s a wonderful gift for any occasion, not only for Christmas!

Come and join the fun!

And it isn’t even ‘Prime’ eligible. :slight_smile: