Never Seen This On A Drink Menu Before! CBD?

Looking at menus in Ft Lauderdale and came across this at the bottom of the drink menu.

“Add CBD Tincture to Any Drink- $5
Add CBD Gummies to Any Drink- $2 Each”

2 Likes

Please excuse my ignorance … what’s CBD? (I’m guessing not an Aussie Central Business District :rofl: )

Cannabis derivative Cannabidiol (CBD): What we know and what we don't - Harvard Health

1 Like

Cannabidiol is a phytocannabinoid discovered in 1940. It is one of 113 identified cannabinoids in cannabis plants, along with tetrahydrocannabinol, and accounts for up to 40% of the plant’s extract. Wikipedia

I wonder if this is done just for the additional cannabis hit, or is there a flavour to this additive? I’d assume the former.

Certainly cannabis smoke definitely isn’t an aroma I would want in a wine, though as it’s a derivative product, chances are it would not taste/smell like that.

This show is about cooking with THC (and CBD).

CBD is non impairing. I think is is more thought to be for medicinal purposes

1 Like
1 Like

I was in a gas station last summer and the automatic cappucino machine offered to add it to my Starbucks. I knew the acronym but ended up super confused because of the bizarre context.

1 Like

Will not get you high.

1 Like

I’ve tried CBD a number of times (never in my espresso). I took it for its purported relaxation benefits and feel like at no point ever did it relax me. Various products and dosages. Is it just me?

I do enjoy cannabis, though I wasn’t using cannabis at the time I tried CBD. And I knew not to expect any overt effects like can be had from cannabis.

I’ve tried CBD in various formats - for relaxation, muscle pain, exercise recovery, sleep, etc. - and I can’t tell that it does anything or helps. There are several people that I run with that think the rub-on balms help, or the CBD infused protein powders help, but I couldn’t tell anything.

I enjoy the occasional THC edible. They have some that have equal amounts of CBD to THC. It supposed to “even out” the feeling you get from the edible, so no giggles, anxiety, paranoia, etc. I think the CBD in this case helps.

I haven’t tried any of the drinks.

1 Like

It helps the people selling it make money :rofl:

2 Likes

I consulted for a CBD company for a bit.

The only real medical study I’ve seen for the use of CBD is for some child epilepsy cases where it was very positive.

The world is full of “beneficial testimonials” from John Q Public and potion and lotion salesman.

1 Like

Sounds pretty interesting haha. I would try it, since I already use KBD from Canadian pharmacy. People always come up with something strange. Sometimes it turns out to be cool and sometimes it’s complete garbage. I wonder what this drink will be like?