Nevada - now illegal for wine retailers to ship from out of state

It is now illegal for out of state Wine Retailers to ship wine to Nevada consumers.

This will mean no shipments from retailers, auction houses, retailer wine clubs etc.

The NAWR (National Association of Wine Retailers) has taken up this case and is lobbying to get the law changed in a special session later this year.

You can call Governor Sisolak at (775) 684-5670 and ask him to fix the elimination of direct shipment of wine to Nevada snuck into this last-minute amendment of SB-307 and restore Nevadans ability to order their wine that they have enjoyed delivered to their homes for years.

Hey Duncan, living in Texas in feel your pain. You might check out “free the grapes” and see if they can offer any advice on strategy, legislative fixes etc.

But… freedom!

Michigan has a similar law. Garagiste was holding 3 cases for me and I had to drive to Toledo Ohio UPS to get them.

This is the worst news I have heard in a long time. I live in Las Vegas and I order all of my wine from out of state. I belong to wine clubs from 3 CA wineries. I also have wines on hold at Wine Bid for cooler weather. When does this amendment go into effect?

About 2/3 of the way down in the attached link, it states that wineries can still ship DTC in the state.

Yes, they can’t get around Granholm, for wineries. Retail is a different story. Politicians, WSWA and Southern standing up strong for our freedoms, as usual.

I assume K and L is affected…along with Wine Spectrum and J J Buckley.

Probably Wine Bid as well