Need Decant Advice: 1997 Parusso Barolo Mariondino

Any thoughts?

Before 2000, Marco Parusso was more involved in rich wines, with substantial top oak barriques. Now, he belongs to the super-stars of the Barolo DOCG with a keener approach on finesse and lenght.

So, for this outstanding vintage 1997, I will open it and decant for at least 2 to 4 hours. But, by far, the most important point :

• use large glasses
  • drinking temperature : maximum 17 ° centigrades

When you open it, taste it, so you will “feel” the differences and the evolution of this grand vin.

I have not had this, but a 97 Parusso Vigna Munie about a year ago needed three hours to really open, I agree with Francois.

Thanks for the advice. I’ll report back with a TN.

I had a 1997 Parusso Barolo in Whistler over Christmas. Don’t remember which one. It was poured into a decanter but it was singing from the first sip and I started on it right away

Did they make a Silver Label of this in 1997? One of my all time favorites is the 99 Silver Label Mariondino.

Paul,

I had this wine last October. I recall it being good but not great. It required a 1-2 hour decant. I’ll be interested to hear of your experience, as I have a few more left.