Nantucket and Martha's Vineyard

Couldn’t find a thread dedicated to either island…
Any restaurants on either? Good wine lists or corkage-friendly a plus but I know there is also plenty of good beer in those parts. We are doing a short trip to both islands in June. Staying in downtown Nantucket and at the Winnetu, which I guess is closest to Edgartown, but we will rent a car.

Also any others rec for either island appreciated as well - we will be with our two kids.

The Vineyard is quirky. Oak Bluffs and Edgartown are the only towns where you can purchase alcohol at liquor stores (not supermarkets/gas stations)
BYO…all of these are “Up Island”
The Outermost Inn- Aquinnah, beautiful sunsets/views. They do serve some beer and wine. I believe they only do 3 course prix fixe for dinner. Reservations are a must.
Chilmark Tavern-Chilmark, Only BYOB. They open mid May
Catch the sunset in Menemsha. Bring a bottle of wine, grab some food from one of the fish markets and eat on the beach.
Visit the cliffs/lighthouse in Aquinnah.
Full service restaurants-no BYO allowed. Pretty sure you are not allowed to bring in any outside alcohol to restaurants with full liquor licenses. Below are some favorites from a retired bartender now on the retail side of the industry.
The Covington-Edgartown, creative small plates, great cocktails/wine list.
Atria- Edgartown
Alchemy-Edgartown
Bettini @ The Harborview Hotel Edgartown-views of the Edgartown lighthouse, extensive wine list (haven’t eaten here)
Detente-Edgartown
19 Raw-Edgartown
Maybe check out an oyster farm tour…Signature Oyster, Cottage City Oysters…they’re BYO
There’s also a few different sunset cruises out of Edgartown that are BYO…I’m sure the Winnetu will have info

The Sweet Life Cafe- Oak Bluffs, not a cafe at all…amazing food/wine/amaro selection. Great outdoor patio.
Red Cat Kitchen-Oak Bluffs
Offshore Ale-OB, family friendly, beer brewed on site.

Oak Bluffs has the Gingerbread Cottages. The oldest carousel in the country, The Flying Horses. A few tour companies are based out of OB also.
There are several restaurants on the harbor. Mostly fried seafood/frozen drink spots with nice views. Not a wine hot spot unfortunately.

Can’t help with that other island…Enjoy your trip!

1 Like