Myriad Release

I received the latest Myriad release yesterday. Was about to pull the trigger on 23 bottles. But, shipping came up as $185 for shipping from Napa to Oakland. This seemed a little ridiculous as I had just ordered a case of mezcal from SoCal which was $22 for shipping. I emailed Leah, but she never responded.

This comes as my last years delivery came up wrong. I had to email Leah about not getting all the wine I ordered. My delivery ended up being spread across 3 days and made me have to change my schedule.

While I enjoy the wines, I feel some of the shipping fees are getting similar to AirBnb cleaning fees. Just another way to squeeze a little more money. Perhaps I’m just not seeing what is happening on the backend. But, I did some research on third party Napa shipping costs and they are nowhere near that high.

Compounded with a lack of response to my email and the poor customer service on the last delivery, I think I will have to sadly move my money elsewhere.

2 Likes

Yes their shipping rates are up there along with their prices. $100+ for a case to East coast.

$185 for how many cases? If you’re not ordering a ton of wine, that seems very high for Napa to Oakland. I’m surprised Leah didn’t respond. Maybe they’re out of the office.

Perhaps tag @Leah_Smith here?

Cheers

I emailed Leah because I thought shipping was expensive too and she said there was a wrong setting and was able to fix it. Perhaps something similar happened in your case.

I emailed yesterday waited 24 hours before posting here. Nothing in spam or inbox.

I heard from Leah, she responded to me quickly. But, in error replied to herself yesterday.

Hi Brian
Id like to clarify a few points on your post. Im sorry this happened, and as always please feel free to reach out to me by phone any time.

I responded to your email in 43 minutes, it unfortunately did not reach you. I have sent you the email again you the time stamp and explanation. Please know that I try to respond asap to each member and you have been a great customer for a long time. In my email I had offered to fix the shipping issue for you.

To to clarify your comment that we are attempting make money on shipping, we actually subsidize our shipping.

My cell is always available which is on the website and on my email signature.
Please feel free to reach out if you would like to discuss any further. Thank you for enjoying our wines and let me know if I can assist with this order

Warm Regards,

Leah Smith

Myriad Cellars

4 Likes