My first post. . . TN: 2006 Domaine William Fèvre Chablis Grand Cru Vaudésir

It is odd to me to make my first post on a BB but to know so many people.

Greetings. This is a good wine to start with.

j

• 2006 Domaine William Fèvre Chablis Grand Cru Vaudésir - France, Burgundy, Chablis, Chablis Grand Cru (6/7/2009)
    Served with pan fried Walleye and grilled corn & peas. The wine was the perfect match for the food. Now that I am writing the note without the food I can see that the acid in the wine is pretty intense (like a good Chablis should be). With the food, however, it cut right through the oil and sweetness of the Walleye.

The nose is fairly tropical for a Chablis. I get strong notes of lychee with only hints of minerality. The palate has strong acid but then follows in vein with the nose. I get a tropical tastes with a lemon undertone. In short, this is a fine food wine today, but it should improve with some age. (91 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

I can not think of a better first post! Welcome

Great note.
Good to see you here Jason.

Welcome Jason!
Chablis huh? :slight_smile:

Jason - welcome and thanks for the note. I love Fevre…

Jason’s here! [drinkers.gif]

Uh, yeah…Chablis, really?

Great to have you here!

Cheers,

Jason,

Walleye? You really are in a flyover state!

Adam

Wow, an Adam sighting as well. Sweet!

[good.gif]

I have been very pleased with the various 2006 Fevre Chablis; in particular, the Les Preuses has been a great wine every time I have tried it. Did you catch the Walleye yourself?

Jason, welcome home!

Welcome and thanks for the note. Sounds like a promising baby. I love Fevre but have never tried the Vaudésir.

Jason

Welcome Jason!

Great note… I love Fevre’s Chablis’s and think he’s wines are great from top to bottom…

I had this on New Years Eve, agree with your assesment, a fine young Chablis in the making. BTW this was a steal from a PC weekend pricing special for $45.