My first Mexican wine...

Can second adobe guadalupe and torres alegre (although you are probably getting what you pay for at TA while AG seemed like good value). Finca Altazano and Fauna were great. We tried to go to brunch at Dona Esthela on a Sunday and the wait was like 2+ hours so if you want to go, go early. Wasn’t too impressed with the wine at Casa Magoni but it was a beautiful spot. Thought Lechuza was pretty average wine with all the pretension and price of more popular wine regions

As I recall and will check again tonight, their winelist is longer than what is posted online. Their house cocktail is a black margarita, which I have with mezcal rather than tequila. Don’t miss wine much here. At all. As I wrote above, my favorite Mexican wine is mezcal.

1 Like

This was fine in a high-end restaurant featuring steak & oysters. Full of life and energy. Opened with some brett but as air came on the wine took on black cherry notes and some vague chocolate too.

Decent length, even-handed finish, and very little oak.

We have had way worse in America. Under $100 in restaurant.
65B904A1-E96F-48B9-A52B-C9EFCE5C8767.jpeg

I thought that was a pretty good Zin. At least as good as Turley’s other offerings. Wasn’t it Rancho Burro or something like that?

This was quite delicious at lunch.

3F343D5F-91D9-4876-B1E0-F6A133B357AC.jpeg

I like Bruma (also by Lulu Martínez Ojeda) especially their Plan B red.