Most you've ever spend on a bottle of wine!

I’m not going to say, on the chance that my wife will one day find this thread.

Perhaps too much.

No, we’re talking about how much you spent with YOUR OWN MONEY…

$125.00 for 95 ducru beaucaillou (WS #1 wine for 2000 or 1999). I drank it in 2005 but it wasn’t ready. Damn.

Please consider this my RSVP. You can’t take any chances, the way those Berserkerfests fill up so suddenly way in advance! Saxum’s got nothing on this board’s offlines.

$300 on a mag of 90 dom about a year ago

have a lil thing for Comte de Vogue Musigny and have spent > $350 a few times, recently bought two 66 Haut Brion and they amortized out ~ $250.

in a few restaurants i have rolled a bit higher but one only lives once.

i previously wrote screaming eagle…but last year i bought '05 drc richebourg that cost more i think [swoon.gif]

Okay - so far we have one.

Still too much.

1995 Domaine de la Romanée-Conti Richebourg - $499.

Debating whether to open it this year for our 15th wedding anniversary, waiting until our 20th, or selling it seeing as the anticipation is so great that I don’t want to be disappointed.

Way way too much.

Cheers!

$239 for '00 Lafite at Houston Costco.

Way too much money for a French wine! [wink.gif]

$400 for a bottle of 82 Petrus. Still have it by the way. Not counting Screaming Eagle.

In general, if I’m paying more than $50 it better be Burgundy or Champagne and it better be good.

best,

Doug

What did you pay for your share of the corked La Sizeranne we ended up with? I think mine were $55.

Wait until Brad puts your wine on the market for $60. You’ll change your tune! neener

I won’t say how much but in 2006 I bought an '89 La Mission Haut Brion and an '82 Pichon Lalande for a couple of RP 100 point dinners. The PLL was great; the LMHB was corked!

I’m thinking that anyone who posted a $ amount in this thread shouldn’t throw stones or sarcastic barbs in certain other threads.

Tie, $150/btl each in three pack: '05 Maiden, and '05 Realm Absurd.

Ray

I sensed a cheapshot. neener My life is all about sarcasm, so that would be impossible.

In my case, I have no intention of drinking 2005 RC that I bought. It is for my daughter to buy college. I am sure we will all see it in auction someday. By then, Iceland will be the big market.

Does the posting in this thread make any difference?