Most you've ever spend on a bottle of wine!

I invoke the 5th.

Me too.

Off a list…SQN Poker Face for $295.

At retail…1996 Krug for $250.

$300 for the 03 Chave Hermitage Rouge.

Although I did organize a group of 8 who split a bottle of Screaming Eagle for $1,000 for a tasting of 04 Cults (and we also threw in a bottle).

Buddy and I went halfs on an 2001 Screaming at $1,100. We opened it while we were working and poured it for members of the staff blind. No one knew what it was, but all resoundingly liked it.

Good bottle, not worth the money.

About $550. Usually I stay under $200.

I usually try to stay below $50 (easier to do with Pinot, especially at the ITB discount neener ). The most I’ve spent was $2,000 for a case of Pinot (I don’t even remember the producer) at the Salud! auction several years ago. I also spent about the same amount on a bottle of 1990 Krug a while ago.

Other than that 6 pack of Ghost Horse Spectre barrels, I think about $280

I’ve blotted out the memory of what I paid for my 375’s of 2001 Yquem. I think it may have been over $200, on release.

I know I paid more than $200 for a bottle of Quintarelli (was it the Amarone? Even his “valpolicella” is awfully pricey).

Looking up the current values in Wine-Searcher is no help, prices have swung up so widely.

$200 on the 06 Futo. Dudnt buy with the intention to flip but buyers remorse (other wines to be had) caused to me sell at cost to a friend.

I’ve gone over three figures only once. Couple of months ago, picked up a bottle of '99 Nuits-Saint-Georges “Les Saint-Georges” from Robert Chevillon for $105. Too good of a deal to pass up.

On a restaurant list, '37 Romanee Conti for $225. That was in 1983.

$220 for 1996 Lafite Rothschild. I don’t know if it will ever be ready before I die, or lose my sense of taste! A few others hover just under.

On wine that I am not sure whether I’ll flip or drink–depending on my financial situation when the wine is ready to drink: 538 euros for 2005 Petrus.
On wine that I am 100% sure I will drink no matter what: 230 euros for 1990 La Chapelle.

Oops, I have to amend mine…

I did spend $366.00 on a mag of '05 Chave Hermitage Rouge…

You all should be around long enough to enjoy it with me at Berserkerfest XXVIII!!

I don’t think that should count, as it is a large format.

If we are including big bottles, then I would say $600 +/- for a six liter of 1996 Silver Oak Alex.

£1800 for a bottle of 01 DRC RC from a restaurant/shop which I walked across the road and sold for £2500 the same day. Yes, I know, I’m despicable… pileon

Most expensive I have kept and drunk was a bottle of 76 DRC RSV for £495. It was more than worth it for the chance it gave me to drink some other stupendous wines over the dinner I took it to.

PS The profit on that DRC RC meant that I effectively got a bottle each of 01 SQN On Your Toes, 04 SQN Poker Face and 02 Rousseau Chambertin for free in the same deal [whistle.gif]

280 Euro (back when it was 1.25 or so to the dollar) on 20 year old bottle of Quintarelli Casa de Bepi in Verona. Blew our minds for three days running…

I hate to admit this, but about a year ago, I bought an '89 Rayas for $595, because I had raved to a friend for years about how this was my favorite wine ever. I had gone through 2 cases years ago, along with many other cases of different vintages. I wanted him to experience it.

Opened it, and it was dead on arrival. Luckily, they took it back. [shock.gif] I’ve been tempted to do it again, and recently saw it at Chambers street. But it didn’t stay available for long.

Most (by far) is $130 on a 2002 Torbreck Run Rig. I think 2nd is $65 for some Pisoni Pinot Noir. I tend to stay below $50 on most purchases.

I am still on waiting lists for SQN and Alban - and while I have tried them, I have not bought any myself.

Totally out of my norm…$2700…2005 DRC RC, my daughter’s birthyear. I am hoping she can pay for college with some btls of DRC.