Most consistent burgundy producers

Sappy has to do with density/concentration of flavor for me.

1 Like

Holy cow we actually agree on something!

I don’t know that I’ve opened 100 bottles of wine in my entire life.

Y’all getting rosacea?

I can’t fathom drinking that much alcohol, and that’s prior to throwing Burgundian nosebleed pricing into the mix.

I get the sense that y’all are living in an F Scott Fitzgerald novel.

In my thankfully limited experience, the Louis Latour reds are quite consistent.

1 Like

This makes so much sense.

5 Likes

And I get the sense that you live in a cave under a bridge.

I’ll take the F. Scott Fitzgerald novel.

2 Likes

I bet it would surprise you. I’m not even a glass every night drinker, didnt start drinking wine until 2017, but have about 300 individual tasting notes in CT, without repeat notes from the same bottle.

for the record my consistent burgundy producer would have to be Domaine Drouhin. I cant think of another producer that produces consistently as well across such a wide variety of vineyards and quality designations, year after year.

Um, wat!!! It’s really not hard to open up 2 btls a week, especially if hanging with people

Michael,
While tastes change over time, Rousseau has been my “favorite” and therefore most consistent red burg for a long, long time.
For whites, in a word “Lafon”.

Don’t fall for the troll.

1 Like

True true

Nathan’s personality serves as an inoculation against hanging out with people.

1 Like

I agree…do not fall for the troll. Why anyone will pay around $800 for a Rousseau - Gevrey AC is beyond me.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

For several years I kept up buying the village wines from some of my favorite producers. That ship has now sailed. Looking for drinking pleasure in other areas. 2017 was the last hurrah for the most part.

Is Meiomi Burgundy? Very consistent!

newhere

It isn’t 800. I paid $150 for my AC last year. It’s more now but not 800. It may be cheaper than m-g vr

Micheal…Please enjoy you many Rousseau 2017.

When you open his Gevrey 2017 to give face to your guests and please tell them that you paid $ 150 and now wine-searcher shows it is $ 625.

An AC VR is not an AC Gevrey. Is it an good example ?

Burgundy is all about where the grapes are from and who are the producers Apples come from Apple trees and Oranges from orange trees. One who likes fruits should know there are different fruits. It is logic and common sense.

I’m not really sure why you’re perseverating on 2017. Maybe because I asked a question about it awhile ago; I do have a lot of them but it’s not the vintage I have the most Rousseau. I have more 09, 10, and 15s.

The reason I talked about MGs VR is because it’s been discussed lately as having significantly escalated in price, and many people don’t think the price in commensurate with the quality. Probably that is also true of the Rousseau AC.

As far as drinking the Rousseau AC, that’s more of a wine I’d drink at home than with guests, to be honest. If I brought it to a group setting it’d probably be as a blind.

Good for you to own more 09, 10 and 15s Rousseau that is wonderful too. 2009,2010 and 2015s Rousseau are OK to buy and own them when they were originally released. They are too pricey for what they are at the secondary market - for me any way…

If I am not mistaken, PYCM was new to you just a few months ago. Maybe I misread one of your thread - like the 2017 Rousseau… neener