Most annoying posts about Burgundy -- updated with bonus material

Awesome post, but I don’t think this just applies to Burgundy.

1 Like

Hey, I don’t get it. I think you must have pulled out the rule-book for posting on burgundy by mistake.

neener

1 Like

LOL!!!

Maybe it would be better if all the Burgundy posts were about what lists people were on. People could discuss how they were on too many lists, flipping opportunities, why all the offerings come out at the same time, flipping opportunities, what lists should be dropped and, of course, flipping opportunities.

1 Like

Matt, excellent post. Of course, it is easy for me to laugh because none of those were about moi!

Burgundy trivia. It’s mandatory in all Burgundy threads, at some point, that some one point out that Clos des Lambrays is not a Monopole. Mandatory.

Well done, Matt.

2 Likes

10th birthday!?!? Sir, surely you jest.

Wait, was that your opinion, or are you just adding “Always Bashes California Wine to Defend Burgundy” guy to the thread?

:wink:

2 Likes

drops mic

The Maillister - I like it! We should add to the list.

Post of the year candidate!

This board is fun for sure.

Not so fast Madame Shhhhhh. :wink:

1 Like

The Inexperienced Expert The person who tasted one or two wines from a producer 10 or 15 years ago, and still feels completely qualified to comment extensively on the style and quality of current releases.

1 Like

Brilliant

This is such a tremendous post Matt. It strikes me as being true about every wine region though. Or at least every wine region that “attracts a crowd”.

1 Like

The Land of the Lost:

The dude that just drank a bad ass glass of burg and still doesn’t get it

I remember this exact thing happened quite recently, just can’t remember where
…but spot on sir

1 Like

That is indeed horrible, as 8 is the perfect number and very lucky. 9 Grand Cru Burgundies at the same meal would be a disaster.

1 Like

Hey if only one applies to me I am doing better than the rest of those who post about Burgundy!

1 Like