Morris/Suckling on Burgundy

+1

The music didn’t bother me as much once I turned off the volume, but Suckling’s head-bobbing was still annoying.

You have to hand it to them, not to be distracted while filming this in the back room of a disco that was being attacked by aliens.

flirtysmile

It is also available as an Apple e-book, I suspect for less.

In either format, it’s great. I have both.

Everyone is right on here. The music is an absolute travesty from an executional perspective. The content is completely legit and sensible, and Jasper Morris’s book is worth every penny.

Exactly. Buy the damned book and quit overthinking it. (I’ve heard recently that ending a sentence with a preposition is now considered acceptable) :neutral_face:

So since Todd is looking for guests to host on WB, what about a guy like Morris?

I too own the book and have enjoyed using it as a resource.

BTW, the comment Suckling makes about ignoring scores and people buying wine year after year from the same producer…ding, ding! Yes. Hey, this comment he made doesn’t just apply to Burgundy. Some of us apply it to CA, too.

I opened a bottle of this the other night ('11) and really enjoyed it.

You must be new here… champagne.gif

Best of all my numerous wine books and the one I’ve read the most. Easily worth it! Bought it as a present for our sommelier when she took her exam and got the best scores in her class. She loves it as much as I do :slight_smile:

Tasted with Jasper in 2007 at Dauvissat in Chablis…he is a big guy. Obviously very knowledgable.

FWIW, I think his book is the best book on Burgundy I’ve ever had/read. It covers the waterfront very very nicely. (Not sure what would even come in second for Burgundy; Hugh Johnson’s encylopedia of wine is the best generalist book I can remember.) Others, like Remington Norman’s books, have detailed domaine profiles which are good for drilling down, though they are now dated.

Also; the book is better than the app. There are large sections in the book not covered in the app. The app is somewhat more updater, however, and has videos.

I prefer to have both, but if I were to choose I’d go for the book.

What is missing in the app?

App???

He has an app for his book. It’s pretty much a more interactive book conversion.

Thanks, Charlie. I’ll look into it. Do you have it? It allows you to access the book via phone or computer…to research something?

I don’t use lots of “apps”, so…I a little clueless.

iPad / iPhone. I don’t have it though. Don’t know if their are versions for other platforms.

Just curious…in your avatar/photo you write “jura is overrated”, I see.

Is that serious? I have long though that; have never liked any of the vins jaunes. And, have enjoyed only only a couple of their reds.