More reasons to hate FedEx

I feel your pain. My guys won’t send straight to Walgreens in certain instances. They have to try and deliver it first before they can send it there the next day

My experience as well. There’s a UPS store in walking distance for me, and a 24 hr Fedex very close. I don’t mind paying more for FedEx, since the UPS distribution center is about 10 miles away and takes forever in line.

hum, I was (very) recently able to redirect a wine shipment to a local Walgreens without any trouble

My home has just become a official " Fed Ex Store" ! [snort.gif] [cheers.gif]

UPS charges nothing for me to have the package held at the depot. It specifically says “free” on the site where I select that option.

Some shipments I can do. Some it will not allow. No logic.

Logic is not really much of a thing in this hobby of ours, my friend.

A UPS store in Raleigh told me they charge $5 to accept and hold a package. When my bud went to pick up the wine, it was $5 per day. I guess each store sets its own policy.
My local hub is free.

UPS stores are franchises. They can and do set their own rules. My local UPS store will not accept for shipment or receipt anything they consider “sinful.”

My local UPS store accepts my wine deliveries from UPS and FedEx. $5 a box.

The depot is free.

Recently redirected my shipment to a local Walgreens. Keep tabs on the delivery all day and no drop off. Call FedEx and they say it was loaded on the truck too late for the delivery that day, tracking shows it loaded at 7 AM. Next day no further update than the previous days loading onto the truck, call FedEx, say it is still pending delivery. Gets to be about 3 in the afternoon and decided to call the Walgreens store, it had been dropped off the day before. What a mess.

I routinely redirect Fedex wine shipments to my local FedEx store. No issues. UPS it has to go to a distribution center which is 45 min away. I vote for FedEx.

David,

In my experience, when you can’t redirect, it’s because shippers have chosen that option. Did you check with yours? Obviously, the woman’s response was ridiculous, and I may be mistaken, but there apparently have been scams where people order wine w/stolen credit card, have shipped to proper house, and then redirect and pick up themselves. As others noted, fedex under other circumstances redirects and holds for free, while UPS does not, so I favor them. The whole pick-up signing thing is such a hassle though, that it has made more order less wine…probably a good thing.

Apparently it’s something FedEx is doing, as all three of the shippers were unaware of any opt in or opt out of the redirect option.

And UPS redirects to the depot for free. I do that all the time. It’s the franchise stores that charge, and pass that cost through the UPS interface.

Every problem shipment I have ever had, including redirect issues and breakage has been a FedEx delivery. FWIW, they also cause major problems at work. They even know it and will not address it.

FedEx sucks.

I’ve had a couple instances with FedEx where the sender restricts redirecting to prevent fraud, so I had to call who I purchased the wine from to reroute.

Ditto, and that depends on how far away you are from a UPS distribution center. Since there’s 5-10 Fedex Offices to every UPS distribution center, most of the population is better served by Fedex. And UPS should take notice and allow similar service through their UPS Store franchises.

I am 1 mile from the UPS Depot, and 17 miles, plus pay to park from a FedEx/Kinkos, so if no Walgreens option I might just let it go back.

I don’t need the wine, so why deal with shitty shipping services.

+1K