Monthly check-in: Cellar inventory reduction plan

Thanks to @alan_weinberg, wine influencer extraordinaire, I just bought some Guiborat Prisme 17. Alan often admits his own monthly failings, but he never takes responsibility for mine.

I get a vicarious rush spending the money of others. Jerry Hey gets the blame for this buy—I’m just channeling him.

Roger that, with an assist from Warren.

May is going to be +28 purchased, -13 consumed for a large fail of net +15. Must try harder.

You’ve got a whole week to drink more!

2 Likes

I’m not that much of a hero!

You know you have a buying problem when a retailer is unable to fulfill an order you placed and your sense of relief is greater than your original sense of excitement. Maybe I can get the retailer to establish this kind of exchange every month.

2 Likes

Things again moving in the right direction after a horrible 2022. Down about 2.5% on the year…

May: +2/-25; Net -23

2023: +204/-92; Net +112

Ended up 37 in, 19 out for a net +18. Fail.

I’m starting to think you might not understand the point of this thread. :thinking: :wink:

1 Like

I am here to make everyone else look good.

1 Like

Looks like I will settle at 5 in, 5 out. Two months in a row without adding!

I guess I’ve passed that baton on to you.

or drinking.

Very true. But due to some health issues with my wife, it is just me drinking (sparingly), and lately I’ve been replacing some wine with whisky or cocktails. As social gatherings increase in the summer, I expect this number will increase.

Hey TBF I eked out a W last month!

17 out (including a mag)
3 in (it’s 2016 Eric Texier Domaine de Pergaud Brézème Serine VV, so it shouldn’t count, but it does)

Net since Dec. 1, 2022: -46

1 Like

2 in
1 out

I think whatever Charlie Fu has is contagious. No interest in wine lately.

As I wrote in a different thread, I have purchased nothing since early March. No interest in any offers or buying in general. But Jonathan got excited about good prices on Nervi Rosato, Tempier and Trediberri.

Purchased: 60
Consumed: 52
Net: +8

Could have been worse. We had a disproportionately high number of corked/off bottles this month, too.

2 Likes