Minneapolis Aug. 28 (or possibly 29)?

I mentioned the Togni’s because Dave seemed interested in them and I think they’re my bottles closest to your wheelhouses.
The Togni’s I’ve had don’t drink like heavy parkerized cabs. Medium body, savory, herbaceous with a hint of green. They don’t list the alcohol content on the label, so per labeling laws must be sub-14%. The Togni’s aren’t as “minerally” as old Bordeaux but I think would be a nice counterpoint. Or maybe just the closest thing I have to a BDX comparison! I can pull anything off my list above if there is something of more interest.

2 Likes

I love the Togni Cabernets Tom - just teasing you -

2 Likes

I just looked at Martina’s menu - I like it - the chilled appetizers alone are worth the price of admission -

It might get a bit Messi, but I’m down for Argentina.

Other than the high-end steakhouses, it looks like the other recs for my Tuesday dinner are all already booked other than for odd times. I’ll keep looking.

Somebody pick a wine for me to bring!

You F :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:ker!!! Had me sweating! :cold_sweat:

Older BDX?

2000 LTHB it is, thanks!

Looking forward to it, gents!

1 Like

I’m looking at a 20 year old Leoville Las Cases or Ducru Beaucaillou - Guessing the Ducru might show better at this stage - I also have quite a bit of older Clos des Papes - that might be fun as well -

2 Likes

I went to locate the LTHB last night and where there was supposed to be one bottle of it and one of the 2005 Beausejour, there were instead two bottles of the latter and no bottles of the LTHB. I need to figure out what’s going on. Plenty of wine down there, though so I’ll figure something out. Stay tuned.

Martina - 6:45pm Monday - that confirmed?

1 Like

That’s my plan!

I grabbed a '96 Leoville Barton which I didn’t even think I had in the front of the cellar. Should work well with the other wines - see you both tonight!

6:45 @ Martina. We’re all set. Dave and I put our cell#'s in pm’s. Add yours if you want in case we have last minute communications.

Never had a LeoBarton. Always wanted to try because its blend should be right in my wheelhouse!

1 Like

I have two wines - the '04 Ducru Beaucaillou and the 2012 Clos des Papes - see you guys tonight -

2 Likes

Unfortunately, missed this one last summer but am back in the Twin Cities and would be interested in planning something if there’s interest