Mike on Tour---OL in San Francisco, August 25

Its as close as I can get to France right now. If the cali cabs are frowned upon, I am happy to oblige with something otherworldly :slight_smile:

Dave no worries as I’ll more than likely will be bring the same. I say frock it neener

Thanks for taking care of the details, Ashish - much appreciated!

I just took another look at the menu and they have a lot of lamb dishes. That’s always a good excuse to drink syrah so I’ll bring two older (and hopefully drinkable) California wines: 1994 Dehlinger Syrah and 1999 Paloma Syrah.

See everybody on Saturday.

Yes. Probably something Rhonish for me.

Now I need to get off the computer and actually start unpacking my wines. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks Ashish—I really, really appreciate all your efforts and that is a perfect solution. Sorry guys, I’ve been internet-incommunicado for 2 days or so here. If there is room, I would very much like to add up to 4 people. Stephanie DeMasi from Juslyn (along with possibly 2 or 3 others) and Meagan from Alpha Omega have both expressed interest.

Linda—get off the computer and unpack those wines!

Will try to check in on progress sometime tomorrow. Craig, I would love to try the 99 Baumard Clos, it’s probably in a perfect spot right now!

Hey Mike,
I reserved a table of up to 10, which was what you had set up as our max group size because of your half bottles. Do you want to go bigger than that? Let me know what final count you would like and I’ll call tomorrow and see if they can accommodate.

I know, the curse of being too popular. 13 max? I will hammer the nails shut at that point, and if everyone comes, I am very likely to play musical chairs sometime during the night so I get to talk to everyone—probably with Linda, since I was able to catch up with her yesterday, or Stephanie, since we had a nice visit this afternoon. Again, really appreciate your flexibility, hope this won’t cause difficulties. I’ve told the others to get back to me with firm yes or no. (if need be, I can take short pours on the 01 Sud and 98 Kracher, I’ve had 'em before. the 04 Gewurtz Icewine is another story!)

Dan, keeping fingers crossed that you can make it with Shel…

Richard, excited about trying those Syrahs…

Dave, I’m having my share of CaliCab over the last 2 days, but I would love to try your wine—nothing from Howell for me so far on this trip.

Just dug out an 05 Vieux Telegraph. I have a bunch of Riesling too, for starters.

Ok, increased the reservation to 13 people.

I actually have a 1997 Dehlinger Syrah that I was going to open soon anyway. Maybe I’ll bring it along and we can have a mini-vertical.

If there are really going to be 13 people then I’m afraid everything will be mini. Mike - stop making friends!

We’ll probably end up having to get that room. pepsi [wow.gif]

I will bring bring my Five/Five twin pack, as well as a Rhone white.

2009 Five/Five Wines Cabernet Sauvignon Simone 75% Black Sears, 25% Ink Grade (USA, California, Napa Valley, Howell Mountain)
2009 Five/Five Wines Cabernet Sauvignon Sydnee 85% Ink Grade, 15% Gerlach Ranch (USA, California, Napa Valley)
2010 Michel Gassier Costières-de-Nîmes Nostre Pais Blanc (France, Rhône, Southern Rhône, Costières-de-Nîmes)

I love to do a compare contrast on both 100% Cabernets and how different you can make them based on just blending different vineyards of the same varietal. It truly is amazing.

Sounds like it’s turning into a Rhone style slap down [wow.gif] Looks like I may have to rethink things.

Sorry guys—hard to be communicado when you’re running around Sonoma and Napa. Steph now can’t make it, Meagan Smith is still hoping to. Hope to hear from Dan and I have a last reach-out I want to make, then we should be finalized.

Linda—Austrian Ries? Alsatian? German? Don’t tease us :slight_smile:

German. Duh. [wow.gif] [snort.gif]

Sorry for the late reply.
Unfortunately not going to make it - just too much going on over here.
Thought maybe I could sneak away for a coule hours, but it’s hard with the logistics.

I look forward to seeing you all. One correction–the Syrahs listed above at the top by my name were actually volunteered by Richard Leland. Hopefully the two Richards will be easier to differentiate once you meet us. I’ll look for something in a similar Rhone-ish vein–probably a Cayuse Armada and Rhys Horseshoe–with maybe an interesting white for starters.

Looking forward to meeting new folks and seeing several of you for a second or third time.

I will also bring a 2006 Cabot Vineyards Syrah Kimberly’s just in case the Cabernets just don’t fit in.

EDIT - I am also going to bring a 6 pack of stems as well.

Cheers,
dave

Ashish, thanks very much for organizing!

Thanks to all for the great wines. It was great to see several of you again and to meet some new faces.

I just made it home a few minutes ago (just under an hour! [wow.gif] ) and wanted to let you know what a great time I had. It was great seeing you again Mike, and it was great meeting you Richard. And the rest of you…well, it was great seeing you guys too. [snort.gif]