McMinnville 2024 is excellent

I and my wife have visited McMinnville many times over the last 24 years. You can expect excellent pinot noir and chardonnay, world-class meals, friendly people, and I can drive home cases of wine! Win-win. This trip just happened (2024) in winter, not the best time but quiet and really, just fine.
Stayed at Boutique Retreat, new tiny houses just off “downtown” McM. What cute rooms! These are an entire, if small, houses to rent. Being winter the outdoor chairs, fire-pit & possible visiting was not happening, but I can’t wait to go back in nice weather. Close to coffee bar, beer, and R. Stuart winery, long a fav. My wife & I stayed 2 nights as we visited wineries & celebrated my birthday. Maybe the best place we’ve stayed in McM area in years.
Wineries we visited were Sun Break (Salem), Prive (sells only to their list, but I think there is availability), D. Drouhin, and Elk Cove. All well worth your time & money. I can’t afford those big French Burgs, all these will do nicely.
Had celebratory dinner at Joel Palmer House in Dayton. Better than the Michelin ** in Paris; better food, and cheaper. You gotta love mushrooms as the entire menu revolves around them. The wine list features 3,000 OR pinots. Levi helped pick one, delish. Also ate at Bistro Maison in McM, which was very good again. Thanks Deborah!
For affordable, friendly, and (for me) convenient wine trip can’t be beat.

9 Likes

I had been wondering if anyone has stayed at Boutique Retreat and what they thought of it. We saw it (from the outside) when we were there last May.

I’m new to the region as of last Summer, love seeing people enjoy the local spots!
Whenever you’re ready to come back down again I’d love to host you at Seven Springs Vineyard for Evening Land

If you’re looking for recommendations on building your next Willamette trip don’t hesitate to shoot me an e-mail!
Kgoldsmith@elvwines.com

1 Like