Here comes a new way of cooking carrots which delighted me yesterday. A recipe by Ada Boni.
„Ada Boni, the Roman gastronomist, magazine editor and author of several books, most famously the 1925 Il Talismano della Felicità. Boni hoped that her The Talisman of Happiness, a collection of 882 recipes (which was later expanded), would both preserve culinary traditions and teach.“
200ml dry Marsala
1 heaped tsp flour
1 tsp sugar
optional: 1 tbsp minced parsley
- Chopp carrots in disk or batons. Cook in butter on medium heat.
2. Add sugar, salt and flour. Combine everything for 2-3 min.
3. Add marsala and water on high heat
4. Add a lid, reduce the heat to low and let it cook for around 10-25min (American carrots need less time)
5. At the end the sauce must be thick and the carrots look glossy. Add black pepper and optional chopped parsley on top