Marcassin Offer Out?

Anyone havve an info? It’s been a year since the 13 Pinot was ordered/received. My records show the prior 2 offers were for the 13 Chard that was received in the fall of 2021. And the 2012 Marcassin Pinot was ordered/received in 2018.

What I find interesting is CT shows 4 reviews of their 14 Pinot and I see the 2016 Marcassin Pinot for sale in Palm Desert. Did I miss something? I just sent an email inquiry to them.

I haven’t received a letter yet, and also asked the group a little while ago if anyone had seen the offer. I’ve continually heard that the folks at Marcassin are exceedingly old school and don’t release any wines until they are “ready”. This includes out of chronological order.

I first enjoyed the 2014 Pinot at a local restaurant, then found the 2012 Pinot at a retailer. Finally I made the list last year and received the 2013 Pinots. This is all within the last 2 years…

Here’s to hoping it’s being released soon. I’m sure as soon as letters get received, someone will post here.

I’m quite certain that Marcassin releases wines to restaurants/distributors in advance (sometimes years) before the offers go out to the mailing list. I recall seeing 2012s on W-S and restaurant lists for a year or two before I received my offer in the mail.

With Marcassin, I don’t stress about the timing of their releases. They send them when they send them

2 Likes

David, I also think this is true.

2 Likes

How does one contact them? How do you update your mailing address?

1 Like

They have an email address that they send you in the letter. I emailed them to authenticate the letter and they responded. I since have emailed them once (about two months ago) to ask if I had missed the offer for this year (no response).

The last Chardonnay release was over 2 years ago so hopefully soon, although ideally after i return home from Spain:)

1 Like

What is really weird is that I get the occasional offer having not purchased for over13-14 years. I passed since they ship to almost nowhere and the charges are crazy.

Aubert, even their baseline Sonoma coast, is a great option if you like Marcsssin. Not the same by any stretch, but an elegant wine.

2 Likes

Just received a reply from Marcassin.

Didn’t gain any knowledge about any potential offers.

Dear Steve,

Thank you for your query.

We have no updates at this time.

Cheers,

The Whole Marcassin Gang

2 Likes

I also got a similar response from them that they have not prepared any offer yet

I’m drinking a 2013 Pinot which is superb, and thinking it’s 10 years after the next vintage (2014) and still no offer for either the Pinot nor the chard. It is the weirdest business model. Seemingly unconcerned with their clientele, it’s crazy.

Anyone have any updates on when the next wines will be released?

still nothing here…

1 Like