Magnum party Oakland deli/BBQ Sat. 4/6

April 6 is good for me. Thinking about a 1979 Spring Mountain Cabernet. Would two magnums be overkill?

Nope. People bring leftovers home .

I’ll be there Jorge

2000 David Bruce Pinot - Central Coast

Count me in as a mebbee. If coming I’ll bring a 2009 Rhys FF Pinot, which when not brett infested is really nice. Seems like a good venue to roll the dice. Will bring a backup, not sure what yet.

Maybe a stupid question to ask, but does one need to bring stem(s)?

Good question and yes

All updates are in original post

Is this a good event for a first date?

Bringing +1. Don’t have any magnums but possibly two white “half magnums” from Friuli.

Of course, there’s an outdoor pool table, give her some quarters and hang out with the guys

I like the ‘rules’ of this offline!

George, can I tip off a friend who just moved there about this event?

Yes

And this pairs with BBQ how exactly? [scratch.gif] [scratch.gif] [scratch.gif]

To do what???! [wow.gif] [whistle.gif] hitsfan

RUN!!!

Fine with the date~

Oh I saw that the event was at a deli and assumed there would be some none BBQ things…

Stephen there are non BBQ things. Gene was robbed by a bottle of Friuli at gunpoint as a child. Leave the gun and bring the Friuli* I love that stuff. It will go very well with some of their offerings. It’s more of a pulled pork place than a ribs and sauce place.

*Godfather reference

All wines welcome .

I’m probably bringing a magnum of 1982 St. Emilion bottled by a consortium. Plus backup mags that almost always gets opened regardless.

I’m guessing we bring stems.

In terms of juice, is there a preference for Pinot Noir with some age on it over well oaked aged Napa Cab? Asking for a friend…